Article 7 of the Paris Agreement calls on Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to submit periodical submission of an adaptation communication to UNFCCC. The NAP Global Network is currently supporting the Government of Viet Nam to prepare a draft of the Adaptation Communication.
This consultancy will provide analysis of 63 provincial reports on adaptation progress in order to support a lead consultant to prepare a draft Adaptation Communication.
The required qualifications are:
- Degree in a relevant field (e.g., public policy, or other related social science discipline)
- Two (2) years of work experience on climate change adaptation.
- Previous experience working on government policy related to climate change adaptation in Viet Nam.
- Excellent conceptual understanding of climate change adaptation and associated concepts.
- Familiarity with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) process.
- Strong research, analysis and writing skills.
- Strong workshop organization and facilitation skills.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English (spoken and written). Strong writing skills in English are essential.
- To apply for this consultancy, please submit a cover letter, CV (maximum 4 pages) and a daily rate in USD to: [email protected]
- In your application, please clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined above.
Application deadline: July 14, 2021
Start date: July 20, 2021
To view the full terms of reference, click here.