Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Annette Wallgren, Programme Management Officer, Gender and Climate Change, and with technical guidance related to Environmental Rights by Georgina Lloyd, Regional Coordinator Environmental Law and Governance, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical inputs on gender and climate change to national and regional policies and plans for climate change and renewable energy.
- Support the coordination of EmPower project’s capacity building efforts to communities and national and regional policymakers.
- Assist the development of knowledge products on gender equality, women’s access to renewable energy and women’s leadership in climate change as part of the EmPower project.
- Engage with UN agencies, UN Country Teams, members states and CSOs through various events and initiatives to strengthen the work and visibility on gender equality, human rights and the environment.
- Support the capacity building efforts and the implementation of the UNEP Asia Pacific Staff Capacity Building Plan for Gender Equality and Human Rights (2021-2023).
- Develop specific thematic briefs on human rights and the environment.
- Support the capacity building efforts and activities on human rights and the environment, specifically to the UN Country Teams and UNEP partners.
- Support the resource mobilization efforts on gender, human rights and the environment for the UNEP Asia Pacific Office.
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Gender studies, Human rights, sociology, political science environmental studies, law, sustainable development, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated interest and experience (up to 2 years) in gender equality and human rights and an interest for sustainable development, environmental management and climate change is required.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be desirable.
- Demonstration of experience in human rights-based approach, gender mainstreaming, and delivering trainings on human rights-based approach and gender-responsive planning would be desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Gender equality and the advancement of women
Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
Eligible candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the duration of their service. * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 14 July 2021