WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from candidates with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature and environment,to work as the Programme Officer – Remote Sensing & GIS.
Location: New Delhi.
The Job Profile:
- Data acquisition and satellite image processing of remote sensing imagery
- Data Capturing, digitization, Image rectification, classification and image processing
- GIS map production and geo database design tasks for different projects with special focus on spatial analysis and mapping
- Develop methodologies for data analysis and modeling to support decision-making particularly for Conservation purpose
- Land cover change detection analyses, and producing the scientific technical reports.
- Advanced geospatial modelling using both spatial and attribute information
- Design and create spatial maps based on the needs of various target groups
- Advanced computational and programming analysis of geographic data
- Generation of technical report; create and update necessary documents with regard to spatial analysis
- Compilation of all GIS and Remote sensing data
- Handling of GPS (Global Positioning System)
- Any other official tasks that the organization may reasonably request.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Master’s degree preferably M.Tech. with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (average of all semesters) from a recognized institute in Geoinformatics/ Geography/ Remote Sensing & GIS/Natural Resource Management/ Wildlife Sciences / Environmental Sciences/ Forestry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of workingon GIS and Remote Sensing projects.
- Experience in use of Remote Sensing & GIS tools such as; ArcGIS, Erdas Imagine, ENVI and other open source software with computer programming (R/IDL/Python, Matlab) and statistical data processing skills.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and communication skill (both verbal & written).
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Task-oriented with an ability to work within given timelines.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
Apply Via Email to:
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
Last Date for sending applications: 22nd August, 2018
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Programme Officer –RS &GIS”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.