WHO IS ECOFISH LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a dedicated and hard-working Environmental Flow Scientist to join our dynamic team! Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team of experienced and skilled professionals who thrive on innovation, collaboration, and integrity? While working alongside Ecofish experts in your field, we will support your career goals by providing great opportunities for growth and advancement through mentorship, training, and other professional development opportunities.
This role will be based in one of our eight office locations.
The environment needs our help, and we are up to the challenge. At Ecofish, we have made the environment our life’s work, as reflected by our mission: Creating and implementing innovative environmental designs and
practices to create solutions that assist and support industry and government, deliver green, sustainable developments.
To achieve our mission, our team is the embodiment of our values:
- Science based: We characterize, hypothesize, predict and test – to be accurate and assure.
- Ethical: We consistently meet or surpass environmental laws, regulations, and guidelines to minimize impacts on the environment.
- Ingenuity: We develop novel techniques to increase accuracy in assessing environmental impacts and create innovative solutions for our clients.
- Professional: We are competent, honest, ethical, reliable, and certified by accredited.
Ecofish incorporates these values in all aspects of our work. Social responsibility is at the core of our mission. Internally and externally, we bring a strong willingness to be cooperative and supportive of our clients, employees, and suppliers.
WONDERING WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
Your role will require you to bring a high standard of scientific excellence to your daily work. These responsibilities will include:
- Assess the effects of water use on the aquatic environment.
- Conduct hydrological and hydraulic habitat modelling to support environmental flow assessments.
- Document these results in written reports and presentations.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary colleagues to maximize work productivity and quality.
THE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Experience analyzing environmental time series data; hydrological modelling an asset.
- Experience with stream hydraulics or fluid dynamics; hydraulic/CFD modelling experience an asset (e.g., PHABSIM, SEFA TELEMAC, MIKE21).
- Experience supporting water management decisions or applying BC environmental flow guidelines an asset.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills, and strong attention to detail and quality.
- Effective and demonstrated communicator with strong inter-personal.
- Reliable, well organized, motivated, and self- managed
Applications will be accepted until the role is filled. Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.