The Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) is a leading social justice law and policy centre. We are an independent, non-profit organisation that works with people and communities who are marginalised and facing disadvantage.
We work to build a fairer, stronger society by helping to change laws, policies and practices that cause injustice and inequality. Our priorities include reducing homelessness, First Nations justice, climate change and social justice, equality and non-discrimination, asylum seeker health rights, and the fair use of police powers.
- A workplace where wellbeing and flexibility are supported
- Contribute to better outcomes for energy and water users
PIAC’s Energy and Water Consumer Advocacy Program (EWCAP) pursues an ambitious reform agenda so households have access to affordable, sustainable energy and water.
Working closely with the EWCAP Program Director, you will:
- provide coordination and administrative support, including calendar management
- conduct research into present and emerging energy and water issues
- support the development of submissions, reports and other communications
You have solid administration experience, ideally gained within a project or program environment, and:
- are well organised, and effective at record keeping and document management
- have sound research, analysis and written communication skills
- work well as part of a team to achieve goals within a deadline driven environment
Previous experience working in an advocacy or public policy setting, managing diverse stakeholders and knowledge of energy, water or related sectors will be highly regarded.
If you support our vision of people having access to clean, resilient and efficient energy and water systems, please send your resume along with a covering letter and responses to the selection criteria included in the position description that can be found on our website, https://piac.asn.au/about-us/careers/.
Inquiries should be directed to Annie Barker via [email protected] [link removed]
Please send your application to [email protected] [link removed], including Project Officer, Energy and Water in the subject field. Please note there is no application close date, and we invite you to apply as soon as possible.