Project: “Support to the Secretariat of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy”
Main purposes: To strengthen the impact and the coherence of the Global Covenant of Mayors initiative, by providing support mainly to four areas of activities: – Global-regional coherence (Task 1) – Communication (Task 2) – Data management (Task 3) – On-demand support (Task 4).
The following expertise, with related qualifications and skills, is required for the nature-based solutions SNKE position:
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree at a master’s level in a discipline relevant to the subject of the project: forestry, biology, urban ecology, environmental engineering, architecture, urban/ regional planning, or a relevant discipline related to climate change. Or alternatively 5 years of full-time proven relevant experience additional to the requested minimum of 5 years full-time proven post-graduate relevant experience to this assignment;
- Minimum of 5 years full-time proven post-graduate relevant experience to this assignment;
- Fluency in English, excellent drafting skills;
- Basic understanding of the full project cycle development;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver outputs within specified time frames;
- Demonstrates detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and ability to understand and effectively use information and data;
- Willing to travel during the project’s implementation when required;
- Ability to work in a team and as an individual;
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Inter-cultural sensitivity;
- Full Computer Literacy;
- Good knowledge of internet and web communication systems and tools.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in planning and design of nature-based systems and solutions (urban afforestation, urban greening, re-naturalization of urban environment, urban landscaping, ecosystemic approach, ecological/green/biodiversity corridors, etc.) at a local, regional or national level.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in international cooperation development projects, in particular climate change, urban development and nature-based solutions sectors.
Specific professional experience
- Previous working experience on collaboration with cities for the development of their CAPs.
- Previous capacity building experience on nature-based solutions, or climate related issues.
- Previous experience in regions like Central Asia, Africa, Middle East, East Asia, will be appreciated.
Input – Support to Technical Assistance and capacity building activities for development of Climate Action Plans – 500 working days totally
Place of posting – Brussels, Belgium. International travels might occur according to development of project’s activities
Period – September 2021 – September 2024