- Ensure that activities related to IPC are carried out successfully, including training of staff, assessments in the facilities and adherence to IPC guidelines.
- Monitor WASH activities such as safe water supply, water trucking and sanitation improvements as per Sphere and IRC minimum standards
- Follow up on data collection and reporting to feed in lessons learnt and improve IPC practices,
- Provide regular progress reports on the IPC implementation at the supported facilities.
- Develop activity plans and budgets for technical support activities related to WASH.
- Participate in the preparation of overall work plan and budget for WASH activities.
- Other – Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Minimum university degree or Diploma in Public Health, Environmental Health, Civil Engineering, Health Sciences, Nursing, or other related fields.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in working in WASH, healthcare setting, field epidemiology or emergency.
- Good experience in community WASH programs in displaced populations is strongly preferred.
- Excellent program implementation skills.
- Good English language level.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of IPC and/or Healthcare Waste Management
- Good computer skills in Excel and Word will be an added advantage.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows, and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.