The Program Coordinator will provide operational and programmatic support to the India team within the Climate Program. The support will be for a broad range of initiatives with an immediate focus on tracking projects related to air quality and climate change in India and support for setting up a formal EDF presence in India.
- Track and monitor the execution of EDF’s strategy in India and projects related to air quality and climate change in India; ensure that deliverables are completed in a timely manner;
- Ensure that the SVP of Climate and other program leaders are well informed of project status, outcomes, challenges, and necessary actions through suitable updates;
- Serve as the point person for Global Operations in matters relevant to operations in India; facilitate the process of setting up a formal EDF presence in India;
- Enable cross-functional collaboration between Climate and other Programs and Departments; coordinate well-integrated relationships in support of mutual goals;
- In collaboration with SVP of Climate and EDF’s Development staff, help develop and facilitate the execution of a fundraising strategy to raise the necessary resources to meet EDF’s program objectives in India; coordinate closely with Development liaison for India; and closely track all development activities
- Organize and coordinate internal and external meetings for the India team and develop agendas as needed; communicate regularly with and serve as a point of contact for India-based consultants and staff;
- Draft, review, edit papers and reports as needed; create and manage information and document storage mechanism;
- Provide comprehensive operational support for the India team such as processing financial invoices, contracts, travel, etc.
- Track program expenditures against budget and assist in updating monthly financial reports, work with the program financial analyst to identify and rectify variances
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in environmental science, economics, or a related field;
Demonstrated project management skills, preferably in a nonprofit setting;
Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, priorities, and deadlines concurrently;
Excellent research, and written and oral communication skills;
Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, especially with colleagues and partners in a multicultural setting;
Ability to work productively and collaboratively with colleagues located in multiple offices and time zones;
Ability to adeptly handle confidential and non-routine information;
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Knowledge of environmental and climate policies and Indian landscape;
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.