WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications for the postof Hydrologist-River Basins & Water Policy, from candidates with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature and environment.
WWF-India’s Rivers, Wetlands & Water Policy division is involved in initiatives pertaining to conservation of freshwater resources. The water resources management is integral part of that work. In this regard, the conservation of rivers, associated functions, processes and dependent aquatic life is critical aspect of the work, the team is doing. The team is working on Environmental Flows (E-Flows) around the country from 2007. Since 2015, the team is also working in the Bhavani River Basin and has developed Water Security Plan for the Bhavani.
WWF-India along with its corporate partners are initiating the conservation and water security work in the Noyyal river basin. This 03 years long initiative will look into Noyyal water resources, its allocations and use to develop a clear understanding around Noyyal River Basin Management.
In view of growing work-space around water resources management in southern India, the WWF-India is planning to expand its team working on this crucial subject.
Location: Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
The Job Profile:
- Assistance to undertake hydrological assessment and studies in Noyyal and other river systems (as the need be).
- Supporting the Environmental Flows (E-Flows) initiatives, by providing hydrological and hydraulics related inputs to the team
- Assist in studies pertaining to trade-off analysis, scenario building as part of (i) E-Flows realization plans and (ii) basin management plans
- Coordinate the hydrological and E-Flows studies
- Support integration of E-Flows into management plans of critical river basins
- Undertake field visits and provide support for local coordination and liaison with stakeholders, partners and the team (as the case may be)
- Responsible for initial drafting of reports and documents pertaining to hydrological and hydraulics studies
- Support organizing of deliberations / meetings / workshops
- Liaison and coordination with stakeholders (government and non-governmental) & partners
- Representation of team’s work at different forums
- Any other task, as may be entrusted by the reporting officer or by the Director – River Basins and Water Policy
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Master’s degree in Hydrology/Water Resources Engineering (M.E./M. Tech.) from a reputed institution.
- Proficient with general hydrology and hydraulics tools and models, like – SWAT, WEAP etc.
- Over 2 years’ experiences in river basin modeling exercises.
Apply via Email to:
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
Last Date for sending applications: 20th August, 2018
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Hydrologist-River Basins & Water Policy”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.