Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master level university degree or preferably PhD in meteorology, climatology, or related relevant discipline.
- The IE must have a minimum of 15-20 years working experience in the field of climate predictions and numerical weather models, weather forecasting, and analysis of data from satellites, radars and remote sensing.
- Excellent knowledge on global and Southeast-Asian climate and weather conditions, weather phenomena, and effects of climate change is strongly required.
- The IE must have been working with modern technology for collection, processing and presentation of data and information
- Knowledge on disaster risk assessment, flood and drought forecasts and hydrology is an asset.
- Proven experience in data analysis, statistics, surveying, and scientific visualization.
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and presentation in the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports which can be readily understood by decision makers and the public.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) a Personal History Form by registering at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3N6PGKV. The position title and Division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers a challenging job with an attractive compensation package.