Hours: Fulltime: 35 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £30,900- £36,500 + 8% pension contribution
Deadline: Monday 3 September 2018 at 9am
You will be responsible for representing ShareAction and its position on climate change at a range of external forums, from senior to board-level meetings with large companies to speaking on panels at industry events. You will also focus on expanding our investor network and increasing the number of investors that back our climate-related initiatives. With the input of the climate campaigns team, you will need to develop an excellent knowledge of all of our climate-related campaigns to convince investors and companies to join our initiatives. This includes our projects on (1) the banking sector, (2) the oil & gas and power generation industries and (3) encouraging companies from a range of sectors to set science-based targets.
- Supporting the climate campaigns team in their engagements with external stakeholders, including senior and board-level representatives – mainly of the following industries: financial services, mining, oil & gas, power generation
- Representing ShareAction and our position on climate change externally in a range of forums, including at conferences, industry events and to the media
- Encouraging investor leadership and participation in climate-related engagements and initiatives (including for joint letters, media opportunities, shareholder resolutions, etc.)
- Encouraging company leadership and new commitments on climate-related issues (for example setting science-based targets, following the TCFD recommendations, reviewing relationships with industry bodies that hold misaligned or counterproductive positions on climate change to that of the company, etc.)
- Expanding our investor network and recruiting new investor supporters for our climate-related initiatives in the UK and overseas
- Contributing to new commitments by target companies to improve their climate-related policies and processes, for instance by issuing a commitment to setting science-based targets or taking action to decarbonise loan books
- Building ShareAction’s profile and spreading awareness about our work on climate change
- Organising an investor ‘roadshow’ across a number of locations in Europe to expand our investor network
- Increasing the number of investors willing to back our climate-related initiatives and actively involved in developing and/or implementing our climate-related initiatives
- Experience in managing relationships, either in the investment industry or possibly in a partnership development or business development role, and ability to initiate productive working relationships with external actors
- Good presentation skills and confidence speaking to large audiences
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A confident and professional manner in dealing with senior professionals
- Experience in driving corporate change
- A good understanding of responsible investment
- A good understanding of how climate change affects companies in a range of sectors
- A good understanding of ShareAction and our objectives
- A friendly and personable manner
- Willingness to occasionally travel for work (approximately 3 weeks of travel per year)
- A good understanding of any of the following sectors: financial services, mining, oil & gas, power generation, cement, shipping
- Familiarity with a CRM system (Salesforce, for instance)
A few more details
- Hours of work: 35 hrs per week with an expectation of some out of hours working
- Holidays: 25 days per annum plus working days between Christmas and New Year, plus statutory bank holidays
How to apply
Please send us an up to date CV and cover letter that includes a personal statement (the personal statement in your cover letter should be no more than 300 words or one side of A4). Please describe why you would be perfect for this job. Make sure your application clearly explains your interests and the skills you would bring to the role. Please note that we are unable to progress applications that do not include all of the asked-for information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Don’t be afraid to show your enthusiasm! Please send your personal statement and CV to [email protected] by Monday 3 September 2018 at 9am.
To be considered for this post you must be legally eligible to work in the UK, due to the size of the organisation we are unfortunately unable to sponsor anyone for a visa.
ShareAction is committed to promoting responsible investment throughout all sectors of society, understanding that the investment industry affects everyone. We welcome anyone who shares our enthusiasm for responsible investment – whether they have experience in the investment system or not. We particularly encourage applications from women, people from ethnic minority backgrounds, people with disabilities and other protected characteristics in underrepresented areas of work. We are happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled candidates to show their suitability for any role.