VHB’s growing South Burlington, VT office is hiring a Water Resources Specialist to join its dynamic team of Water Resources professionals. Help us assist our clients with developing strategic, cost-effective and forward thinking solutions to their water resource, renewable energy, and environmental projects.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
Water Resources Specialist | South Burlington, VT
- Leading tasks under the supervision of a project manager on multi-disciplinary projects with hydrologic, hydraulic, stormwater design and water quality focus including interaction with staff and clients
- Working within a team of professionals in analyzing data, creating maps and engineering plans, and writing reports for a multitude of water resources projects
- Performing hydraulic and hydrologic modeling
- Completing permit applications for state, local, and federal environmental permits
- Traveling to project sites throughout Vermont and nearby states and conducting monitoring, data collection, site meetings. Some overnights and extended hours may be required
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to conduct tasks independently
- Ability to think critically and solve problems in both a team and independent work environment
- Familiarity with Vermont environmental regulations
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with a strong math/science background
- Flexibility and willingness to support a variety of projects and tasks
- BS or BA in environmental science, geology, civil engineering, or related discipline
- 1 to 3 years of professional water resources consulting experience
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Word)
- Experience with ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD
- Experience with HydroCAD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, or other hydrologic and hydraulic modeling preferred
- Construction oversight experience preferable
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.