Hours: Fulltime: 35 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £22,400 – £24,800 + 8% pension contribution
Deadline: Monday 3 September 2018 at 9am
You will be responsible for supporting ShareAction’s climate campaigns team by providing high-quality operational support to our projects on (1) the banking sector, (2) the oil & gas and power generation industries and (3) encouraging companies from a range of sectors to set science-based targets. This is a very varied role which allows you to write website and social media content, gain insight into the fundraising process and engage with a range of external stakeholders, particularly fellow NGOs we work with.
- Working primarily on ShareAction’s climate campaign programmes in the banking sector and science-based targets across a broad range of sectors
- Assisting the climate campaigns team with operational tasks, including: drafting letters, arranging meetings with a range of external stakeholders, organising and chairing internal climate meetings, coordinating internal climate-related updates and newsletters, proofreading reports, etc.
- Liaising with NGO partners and allies to ensure we are up-to-date about each other’s work
- Organising events – for example investor roundtables and report launches
- Drafting reports to funders for our climate campaigns, with the support of the relevant project manager
- Writing website and social media content about campaign-related topics for a range of audiences
- Excellent organisation skills and great attention to detail
- A great team player with a proactive approach
- A good understanding of how climate change affects companies in a range of sectors
- Flexibility and good prioritisation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A good understanding of ShareAction and our objectives
- Experience of Microsoft Office tools (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Office 365
- A good understanding of responsible investment
- A good understanding of any of the following sectors: financial services, mining, oil & gas, power generation, cement, shipping
- Experience of fundraising
- Experience of writing website and/or social media content for different audiences
A few more details
- Hours of work: 35 hrs per week with an expectation of some out of hours working
- Holidays: 25 days per annum plus working days between Christmas and New Year, plus statutory bank holidays
How to apply
Please send us an up to date CV and cover letter that includes a personal statement (the personal statement in your cover letter should be no more than 300 words or one side of A4). Please describe why you would be perfect for this job. Make sure your application clearly explains your interests and the skills you would bring to the role. Please note that we are unable to progress applications that do not include all of the asked-for information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Don’t be afraid to show your enthusiasm! Please send your personal statement and CV to [email protected] by Monday 3 September 2018 at 9am.
To be considered for this post you must be legally eligible to work in the UK, due to the size of the organisation we are unfortunately unable to sponsor anyone for a visa.
ShareAction is committed to promoting responsible investment throughout all sectors of society, understanding that the investment industry affects everyone. We welcome anyone who shares our enthusiasm for responsible investment – whether they have experience in the investment system or not. We particularly encourage applications from women, people from ethnic minority backgrounds, people with disabilities and other protected characteristics in underrepresented areas of work. We are happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled candidates to show their suitability for any role.