Hours: Fulltime: 35 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £25,500- £26,900 + 8% pension contribution
Deadline: Monday 3 September 2018 at 9am
You will be responsible for supporting ShareAction’s climate campaigns team with high-quality research in relation to our projects on (1) the banking sector, (2) the oil & gas and power generation industries and (3) encouraging companies from a range of sectors to set science-based targets. This will include ad hoc research to prepare for meetings, work on more long-term research projects (including surveys and the drafting of investor reports and briefings) and the presentation of research findings to target audiences, with the support of the rest of the climate team.
- Conducting research on a broad range of topics linked to the intersection between climate change and a number of industry sectors (mainly financial services, mining, oil & gas, power generation and cement)
- Drafting reports and briefings for a range of audiences, including investors, banks and companies
- Supporting the climate campaigns team with ad hoc research, for instance to prepare for meetings or presentations
- Working with the communications team to coordinate press and social media around publications
- Presenting research findings to a variety of audiences, with the support of the climate campaigns team
- Experience of leading or being part of a research project
- A good understanding of how climate change affects companies in a range of sectors
- Ability to write about complex topics in a direct and understandable manner
- Good analytical skills – the ability to quickly get to grips with new and complex subject areas, assimilate information, pull out the relevant points and communicate them
- Excellent written and verbal English skill
- Experience writing press releases and social media content
- Flexibility and good prioritisation skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- A good understanding of ShareAction and our objectives
- Experience of Microsoft Office tools (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Office 365
- A good understanding of responsible investment
- A good understanding of any of the following sectors: financial services, mining, oil & gas, power generation, cement, shipping
A few more details
- Hours of work: 35 hrs per week with an expectation of some out of hours working
- Holidays: 25 days per annum plus working days between Christmas and New Year, plus statutory bank holidays
How to apply
Please send us an up to date CV and cover letter that includes a personal statement (the personal statement in your cover letter should be no more than 300 words or one side of A4). Please describe why you would be perfect for this job. Make sure your application clearly explains your interests and the skills you would bring to the role. Please note that we are unable to progress applications that do not include all of the asked-for information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Don’t be afraid to show your enthusiasm! Please send your personal statement and CV to [email protected] by Monday 3 September 2018 at 9am.
To be considered for this post you must be legally eligible to work in the UK, due to the size of the organisation we are unfortunately unable to sponsor anyone for a visa.
ShareAction is committed to promoting responsible investment throughout all sectors of society, understanding that the investment industry affects everyone. We welcome anyone who shares our enthusiasm for responsible investment – whether they have experience in the investment system or not. We particularly encourage applications from women, people from ethnic minority backgrounds, people with disabilities and other protected characteristics in underrepresented areas of work. We are happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled candidates to show their suitability for any role.