WHO YOU AREYou see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about public affairs and communication and has a natural flair for influencing and maintaining external relations and networks.
We are looking someone with following competences:
• Knowledge of key EU institutions and regulatory and non-regulatory processes, including how to influence the policy agenda.
• Up-to-date knowledge of EU policy trends and developments relevant to IKEA Group.
• Knowledge of how to implement advocacy, communication and stakeholder engagement by defining, planning, executing and follow-up to relevant stakeholders (such as governments, policy makers, NGOs and UN organisations).
• Knowledge of IKEAs corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people, to ensure right representation.
• Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written)
• Motivated to work in an agile way and being constantly open to change.
• Passionate about doing things in a simple and efficient way.
• Thrives on taking responsibility and finding solutions.
• Passionate about communicating with people and building and maintaining external relations and networks.
• Motivated about inspiring and influencing people, both inside and outside the company.
• Energized by working both independently and interdependently with communication network and across functions.
• Share and live the IKEA culture and values
JOB SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES
• Ability to communicate often complex topics verbally, visually and in writing in a clear, concise and an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice
• Strong communication, influencing, interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build and maintain a system of strategic and trustful connections – comfortable in business, political, policy or NGO environment
• Ability to link closely with the business reality.
• Open and collaborative approach, able to work across departments, structures and geographies.
• Capacity to be self-leading and self-driven
Leadership is everyone’s responsibility at IKEA. Leadership behaviors differ depending on your position and your level of leadership – leading myself, leading others, leading leaders and leading matrix partners:
• Develop the business and deliver results
• Lead and develop people
• Inspire and clarify
• Create togetherness
• Find better ways
• Enable change
In this role, the candidate will have:
• A minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience and knowledge of topics related to Environmental Sustainability or Climate.
• Experience with working in or with an NGO, business environment or European Institution.
• Project Management skills.
• Excellent analytical and writing skills.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIESIn this role, you are responsible for:
• Contribute to the EU Affairs agenda for IKEA Group.
• Provide input for and support strategy & planning discussions to ensure business strategy and direction is aligned with EU agenda – connecting closely with appropriate Communication Business Partners and other relevant people in the business.
• Support monitoring of relevant regulatory and non-regulatory developments in the EU, feeding back learnings into the EU Affairs team and wider business.
• Implement strategy for influencing EU policy and regulation, impacting the IKEA Group.
• Help to create a positive policy and regulatory environment for a growing, sustainable and people-oriented IKEA Group business.
• Contribute to the positioning of the IKEA brand, through development and implementation of relevant campaigns.
• Represent IKEA Group in appropriate external and internal forums in the EU, so that key stakeholders and influencers know what we stand for.
• Work across functions within INGKA Group and in good collaboration with other IKEA businesses.OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEAIn the 30 years since Ingka Group was founded by Ingvar Kamprad, we’ve brought the IKEA Brand to 30 countries and millions of homes. Our roots are in the history, values and vision of IKEA. And as we grow, we make it easier than ever before for even more of the many people to afford a better life at home.
We strongly position IKEA as a truly meaningful & trusted brand in people’s hearts & minds, with a focus on us as a retailer and our positive societal impact. At the same time, we enable INGKA Group to be perceived as a unique, meaningful and trusted company. We do this by taking a strategic approach to reactive, proactive and activist communication.
We offer an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life a home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET’S CONNECT!You will report to Gemma Lemmers, EU Affairs Manager, Ingka Group, and the position is based out of Zaventem & Brussels.
If you have any question about the actual recruitment process, please contact Catherine Van Isacker at [email protected]
Your application, written in English and consisting of a covering letter and CV, should be registered on-line. We regret that we are unable to handle applications made by e-mail.
Please note that personality tests will be part of the recruitment process.
We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE US
From the deep forests in Sweden, we have spread our culture and values around the world. At the heart of our offer are our beautiful home-furnishing products and solutions, made with care for our planet, reaching millions of customers. At the heart of our business, are our wonderful co-workers representing diversity in all dimensions and passionate for life at home. We all contribute with our uniqueness and we want to grow and develop together. Our vision, “to create a better everyday life for the many people” inspires and guides us in everything we do. This is IKEA.
WHAT WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON
- Living our values
- Being your unique self, while respecting and including others
- A passion for home furnishing
- Performing & delivering while learning & developing
- Having fun!