Do you want to help London and the Thames Estuary adapt to climate change? At the Environment Agency, we do more than build flood risk management schemes. We strive to ensure that everything we do leaves a legacy to be proud of.
In this role, you’ll shape the funding strategy for the Thames Estuary 2100 Plan – the strategy to manage tidal flood risk in London and the Thames estuary to 2100. You will work closely with our dedicated team, operational area teams, delivery partners and external partners, to evolve our approach to funding adaptive solutions to manage the impact of climate change in the estuary. These solutions will need to align with low carbon and cost-efficient asset management, strategic planning for the riverside and sustainable growth across the estuary.
As our funding specialist, you will coordinate a strategic, estuary-wide approach to how we use and update partnership funding and contributions policies to deliver the Plan and improve our understanding of how cost and intervention assumptions impact our future investment strategies. You will lead the development of a long-term funding strategy that brings together wider government and external partners to identify and enable innovative structures, opportunities and contributions.
– Design and deliver effective strategies, based on stakeholder engagement and excellent analytical and commercial insight
– Secure funding via current and emerging, public and private sources of funding (capital and revenue grants, CIL, Green bonds, re-insurance, etc.)
– Build a strong understanding of local growth drivers and economic value of the assets protected within the Plan
– Understand the Government’s partnership funding rules/policies, but not be constrained by them
– Try new things using your creative thinking and convince others to join you
– Build and sustain relationships with key stakeholders, respectfully questioning and changing behaviour as necessary
– Work on your own as well as deliver through others
– Manage your priorities and workload pro-activelyExperience with complex asset management, delivering long-term strategies or construction projects involving multiple stakeholders and constrained delivery timelines would be beneficial.