SalaryFrom $37,000 a yearJob TypeFull-timeNumber of hires for this role1
Full Job Description
The Delaware Riverkeeper Network (DRN), based in Bristol, PA, is committed to creating an inclusive community of staff and volunteers that is representative of the Watershed we serve. In doing so, we are better able to champion the rights of our communities to a Delaware River and tributary streams that are free-flowing, clean, healthy, and abundant with a diversity of life. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger voice for the River.
DRN, a grassroots, regional, nonprofit working to protect and restore the Delaware River, is seeking a Member Programs & Development Associate.
The Member Programs & Development Associate oversees the implementation of DRN’s development activities and events, and works in a collaborative environment to advance a membership and fundraising program, guided by the Delaware Riverkeeper, the Director of Grants and Operations, and the DRN development team.
Director of Grants and Operations
- Plan and execute social, fundraising, and educational events, ranging from paddling trips to dinner fundraisers to conferences, for members, donors, and the public.
- Collaborate with other staff to design events overlapping with advocacy areas.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of activities and events.
- Recruit and engage event and activity sponsors as needed.
- Develop and follow budgets and timelines.
Fundraising and Community Building:
- Manage web donation pages and fundraising-related web content.
- Help draft and review fund raising appeals and membership promotions.
- Undertake outreach to recruit new members (e.g., targeted tabling events).
- Build and maintain partnerships with local businesses for outreach and fundraising.
- Develop and design web and print communication materials, including newsletters, donation campaigns, and event outreach.
- Serve as a frontline contact for member and general public inquiries.
- Ensure timely, personalized, and accurate communications with donors, including follow-up calls as needed.
- Process gift acknowledgements.
- Perform general administrative duties for development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Responsibilities: This position requires a limited level of travel throughout the watershed, and access to reliable transportation is essential. Some evening and weekend work required.
- Minimum college level degree OR five (5) years of experience with fundraising and/or event management work.
- Team player capable of working independently with minimal oversight.
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient, and flexible.
- Ability to multi-task in a high performing environment, expected.
- Work experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably in the environmental field.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver.
- High-level of computer literacy and a strong aptitude for mastering new applications, (experience with InDesign and/or Salesforce a plus).
Physical Requirements and Demands/Work Environment
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job, including some hands-on physical work.
- Constantly required to operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, phones, photocopiers, printers, and fax machines. Occasionally required to move files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work will be primarily indoors, in an office setting.
Base starts at $37,000, but is negotiable
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match after one year of employment
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Medical, Dependent Care, Transit & Parking Expenses
- Generous time-off policies
- Relaxed work atmosphere and dress code
The position is located in DRN’s main office in Bristol, Bucks County, PA. This position is generally office based. However, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, DRN staff are currently working remotely from their homes.
Submit cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three references, and at least one writing sample.
No telephone calls.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
DRN is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $37,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19