Senior Program Manager, CDP Water
CDP’s innovative water team is looking for a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast paced, varied and autonomous environment. You will be responsible for the delivery of our operational plans within the team and lead on ground breaking projects that catalyse action amongst the world’s largest companies to improve water security globally.
You will be involved in developing new products and services for our key stakeholders, companies and investors. Working closely with the Head of Water, you will be involved in thought leadership initiatives and will also be representing CDP internationally at various high level events and conferences.
About CDP’s water program
CDP’s water program was launched in 2009 to improve water security by enabling the collection and provision of critical water-related data from the world’s largest corporations. This data is used to inform the global market on investment risk and commercial opportunity, and to spark private sector transformation towards improved corporate water stewardship. With the backing of 647 financial institutions with over $67 trillion in assets, the program has just completed a highly successful sixth year working with more than 2,500 of the world’s largest companies.
About the role
This is an exciting role in a program that is expanding rapidly across the globe. Reporting to the Head of Water, the successful candidate will support the implementation of the water program worldwide amongst corporations, investors, funders and policy makers. This role includes the day to day operational management of the program and will have direct reports as well as responsibility for delivering key outputs.
Key skills include:
- Operational running of the water program, with a focus on managing the process and systems of CDP’s annual disclosure cycle.
- Leading on annual analysis to inform corporate best practice and positioning CDP’s water program as the gold standard for water disclosure globally.
- Working with CDP’s global offices to promote water issues and drive corporate disclosure worldwide.
- Working with CDP’s Investor and Supply Chain teams to transfer knowledge, generate insights and increase the use of CDP’s water-related data.
- Identifying opportunities for fundraising and income generation across a wide range of sources.
- Developing and implementing new products and services that support increased revenue opportunities and maximize the positive impact of CDP’s work on water.
The successful candidate will have:
- At 3-5 years’ experience in a similar field with managerial
- A strong entrepreneurial outlook with an ability to identify opportunities and take action to realize them
- Comprehensive understanding of global water issues, particularly those facing the private sector
- An ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and deliver to deadlines and budget
- An ability to quickly process complex information
- Strong IT experience, including proficiency in excel and power point
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and marketing skills
- A flexible but diligent working style with a proven record of working within a team
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role, responding to the key skills listed. These should be sent to Morgan Gillespy, [email protected] and Cate Lamb, [email protected] with “Senior Program Manager, CDP Water” in the subject line.