Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a multi-stakeholder platform supported by a global secretariat that was established as an intergovernmental organization to support countries in their efforts to implement a more equitable and sustainable management of their water resources. The GWP network spans 13 regions with more than 3,000 institutional Partners in 180+ countries. The global secretariat is hosted by the GWP Organization (GWPO) located in Stockholm, Sweden. www.gwp.org.
Cap-Net UNDP is a global capacity development network for sustainable water management. The Cap-Net UNDP mechanism aims to ensure enhanced individual and institutional knowledge and capacities for sustainable water management at local and regional levels. Currently composed of 23 affiliated regional and country level capacity development networks with over 1000-member organizations in 120 countries, Cap-Net UNDP delivers training and education to water managers, professionals, and schools in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. www.cap–net.org.
SCOPE OF THIS POSITION
The Cap-Net UNDP communications strategy has evolved significantly beyond the operational tasks such as website user experience or newsletters, with the aim to prioritize outreach of the programnme’s activities, as well as fostering solid relationships with partners for their contribution to the promotion and outreach of Cap-Net UNDP activities. There is substantial collaboration with partners on a number of activities, however little or no interaction with communications, leading to missing outreach opportunities. Brochures and ad-hoc needs for graphic design can be outsourced.
This position supports the communications, outreach knowledge sharing, and learning activities undertake Cap-Net and partners, in supporting creative communications outreach, identifying opportunities with partners for learning activities, and promotion of events.
Design and implement an action plan (strategy) to ensure an active involvement of multiple partners in the promotion of Cap-Net´s activities (and vice-versa) to ensure effective outreach:
- Establish a mechanism to ensure regularity.
- Review, measure, evaluate, and consider next steps in this action plan.
Evaluate Cap-Net UNDP website and evaluate which sections to be added, evaluation how well are we communicating our global strength and suggest innovative and creative improvements:
- Regional pages
- Collaborative platform
- Topic pages
Evaluate Cap-Net’s regular communications and establish various modalities
- Monthly and regular newsletter
- Highlighted news: upcoming courses open for registration
- Impact stories
- Support for quarterly and annual reporting templates
- Prepare a monthly newsletter, connect updated contents with our web site
- Prepare other ad-hoc newsletter: launching new courses, opportunities, highlighted news
- Maintain and update Cap-Net UNDP web site
- Manage social networks
- Basic graphic design
- Preparing PPT templates and simple banners
- Brochures, infographics or new training manuals design outsourcing, as needed
In addition, the incumbent should actively contribute to building a learning culture by modelling good learning practices and supporting others in doing so.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: University degree or experience in communications, marketing, public relations, business, or related field;
- Digital skills: Excellent working knowledge, especially Microsoft Office 365 applications including MS Teams, Sharepoint; good working knowledge of basic video & web editing skills
- Experience with social media is a plus as well as with content management systems (Cap-Net UNDP uses EpiServer);
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to interact with Cap-Net UNDP team members, and with the extended Network members and stakeholders;
- A good eye for visuals and basic design fundamentals related to online platforms (e.g., websites) as well as social media;
- Experience in administrative tasks is desired but not required.
- Professionalism: Service-oriented work style, with strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively and harmoniously at all levels. Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity. Demonstrates corporate interest, self-development and initiative-taking. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion and tact in handling sensitive issues.
- Planning and Organizing: Excellent organizational and task management skills, with appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple workflows at the same time and to deliver towards deadlines. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where adaptability is essential.
- E-literacy: Excellent e-skills, including the ability to use modern office technology and related software. Practical knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required. Ability to do internet research, compile information and find solutions online to information gaps is essential.
- Teamwork: Support colleagues, contribute to team culture, and share responsibility for decision-making and results. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility. Ability to “lead from behind” and work without direct authority to deliver timely and high-quality products.
- Language: Excellent command of written and spoken English. Languages other than English – in particular French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Arabic – can be helpful but not required. Swedish language skills are an advantage but not required.
- Personal: A sense of humor. Love for nature, its beauty, and its resources. Willingness to ‘get the job done’ with a positive attitude to take on a wide range of tasks. Available for travel.
- Applications must be submitted in English only and only via the online application system
- Email applications will not be accepted
- Maximum 2-page CV and 1-page cover letter describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies match this position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Questions can be directed to [email protected].
- Professionals with a background from and/or living and working in Asian, African, Eastern European, Latin American, or Middle Eastern countries are encouraged to apply.
- GWP offers competitive remuneration as well as an attractive work environment, with flat hierarchies, and with great opportunities for professional exposure and growth.