- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate in Civil or Environmental Engineering (0 – 4 years experience) with a passion for Water to join our supportive team in Darwin.
The holder of this position will assist with the delivery of major water infrastructure projects in the Northern Territory, as well as supporting drainage and flooding projects across the state and Australia.
You will play a key role in:
- Learning project management skills and applying these to a major water project to provide support to the project manager.
- Learning the fundamentals of stormwater drainage design and flooding, including various software packages such as DRAINS, TUFLOW, MUSIC and XP-RAFTS.
- Providing general support to the team in a professional manner.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Tertiary degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to appropriately apply theoretical water knowledge in practice.
- The ability to manage time efficiently.
- Good organisation skills.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
At SMEC, we pride ourselves on having a strong team of technical specialists who both support and are supported by the next generation of engineers. As an engineer at SMEC, you will have access to a range of professional development opportunities, collaborate with our global team of specialists and be mentored by passionate leaders.
To apply, click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions.
For more information on this or any other graduate opportunities, please visit our graduate page https://www.smec.com/careers/graduates-smec
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and as such, encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Learn more about SMEC: