Requisition Number: 18722BR
CALLING ALL DREAMERS, DOERS AND GAME-CHANGERS
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
Your long-term career with one of the top ten design firms in the world starts here.
As a member of our global community of driven, passionate, and smart professionals, you’ll have a chance to grow and develop as a future leader and innovator, work with other colleagues who offer fresh perspectives, and learn the foundation of engineering, planning and consulting in the client environment.
As a graduate with Stantec, you will have opportunities that only a global company can provide, including:
- A global developing professionals network
- Firm-wide online specialist knowledge group
- Access to global industry leaders through our Practice Leader network
- Ability to work on projects across geographies
- Taking your skills overseas via a developing professionals exchange
- Flexible working hours and good conditions
- Mentoring of technical support and encouragement
It couldn’t be easier beginning your career in engineering with Stantec. As an Engineering Australia Professional Development Partner, we’ll pay your membership fees and assist you to select the right mentor to fast track your path to registration. You’ll have the chance to work on leading-edge projects, fully supported by our comprehensive graduate development programme.
Of course you’ll need a civil/chemical or civil/ structural process degree or diploma, but just as important will be your personal attributes. You’ll be as committed as we are to improving the world we live in, seizing the environmental challenges that we all face and coming up with solutions that will benefit generations to come. Our graduates demonstrate personal leadership qualities and thrive in an environment in which they are challenged and expected to take increasing responsibility and accountability for client service, technical delivery and project outcomes.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be eligible to work in Australia
- Have completed your respective degree by December 2021
- Have a full clean current driving licence
- Ready, willing and able to commence work in late January/early February 2022
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts.
- Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
- Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
- Professional Memberships
- Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
- Service Recognition Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
Title: 2022 Graduate Civil Engineer (Water) – Sydney
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Civil and/or Chemical Process Engineering or Civil/ Structural Engineering
Job Category: Civil Engineering
How to apply
Apply directly online. We require you to:
• Supply your transcript to date (you will need to include this in your resume attachment)
• Include a cover letter outlining why you are applying and why we should shortlist you for interview.
• Confirm your specific visa status, if applicable.
• For more information on our Graduate Program and FAQs, visit our website https://www.stantec.com/en/offices/australia-locations-hub/australia-graduates
Due to the anticipated high number of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Sunday 25 July 2021
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across seven continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Location: Australia-New South Wales Sydney
State/Province: New South Wales