Dewberry is seeking a motivated Senior Water Resources Engineer/Project Manager for our Fairfax Water Resources group within the Transportation Department. This position offers great potential for professional growth in a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to apply innovative design methods to water resource projects. Typical projects involve design build pursuits and assisting federal, state and local clients in completing water quality and quantity requirements, drainage design, floodplain management and other watershed planning projects. Since over 65% of our projects are Design Build, our engineers are on the cutting edge of innovation, providing unique and challenging solutions while collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to develop a balanced design.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Oversee team of multiple engineers on a project, delegate tasks and coordinate with other disciplines
- Assist in project staffing requirements and budgeting
- Conduct watershed and storm water management planning and design
- Perform roadway and drainage design, culvert hydraulics and floodplain analysis
- Contributes technically on regulatory compliance reports and presentations
- Act as a technical mentor to entry-level engineers
- Perform bridge hydraulics and scour analysis
- Perform other duties as required
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Professional Engineer license
- A minimum of 7 years of water resources engineering
- Experience in watershed and storm water management, water quality, surface hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, drainage, erosion and sediment control, and watershed/waterway modeling
- Detailed understanding of hydraulic modeling tools such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and ArcGIS
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*All recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.