Position Summary: Manager Major Projects – CW688 (Five (5) year contract position)
Location: 119 – 145 Spence Street, Cairns
Reference Number: 13617
Close Date: Sunday, 25 July 2021
Are you looking for an exciting career in a Local Government organisation?
Do you enjoy being a part of a team?
Are you seeking an opportunity that offers a Work Life Balance?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we would love to hear from you!
Enhance your career by joining Cairns Regional Council, one of the largest employers in the Cairns region. Our commitment to delivering high quality services to the community means we need talented, committed people – we need you!
Cairns Regional Council is currently seeking a Manager Major Projects to join our Water & Resource Recovery Department.
Primary Objective of the position:
- The main purpose of this position is to successfully deliver major projects for Cairns Regional Council. These projects include (but are not limited to) the Cairns Water Security Strategy Phase 1 (CWSSP1) and the Resource Recovery 2030 Program (RR2030).
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Extensive experience in successfully managing the delivery of medium to large scale multi-disciplinary, complex infrastructure projects (Circa $200M).
- Significant achievement in leading and managing a multidisciplinary team responsible for project delivery.
- Superior communication and negotiation skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria please ensure you obtain a copy of the information kit and how to apply by scrolling to the Position Description area, then clicking on “Open” to download the attachment.
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following assessments/checks:
- Pre‑employment medical assessment, which will include a functional capacity and a drug and alcohol test
- National Police/Criminal History Check
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification/Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to Work Visa
We offer the following benefits:
Up to 5 weeks’ annual leave
Annual leave loading
Subsidised Corporate Uniform
Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym/swimming pool)
On-going opportunities for learning and professional development relevant to the position