- Non-ongoing 18 month opportunity
- $90,218 – $99,295
The Basin Strategy & Knowledge Portfolio is seeking an APS 6 Senior Engagement Officer for an non-ongoing 18 month opportunity.
The Basin Strategy & Knowledge Portfolio drives and facilitates science and decision support information that guides river management and Basin Plan implementation. The portfolio also aims to strengthen communications and build stakeholder confidence in water management in the Basin.
The Senior Engagement Officer provides strategic advice and support to Directors and the General Manager on strategic and regional engagement, as it relates to their region, Basin communities and MDBA programs.
This involves working within a team and across the program to develop and implement regional engagement strategies, in support of broader Basin-wide objectives and plans.
This role provides and responds to local intelligence for on-ground engagement issues, and communications opportunities, ensuring relevance for regional information needs.
Some face-to-face engagement with stakeholders is required.
The key duties for the role include:
- Provide strategic engagement advice and support for the Program General Manager and Directors and the Regional Manager.
- Implement and maintain regional engagement strategies, in support of broader Basin-wide objectives and plans – including guiding regional office engagement priorities.
- Develop and implement project plans and contribute to project teams.
- Develop effective working relationships with a range of Murray-Darling Basin related stakeholders.
- Interpret complex information, analyse problems and provide strategic advice.
- Gather and present regional engagement intelligence and responses.
- Confident representation of MDBA and Program with internal and external with stakeholders as required.
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact Alex Anthony – ([email protected] or 02 6279 0790).
How to apply: