Department Name: Sustainable Development Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses nine departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature and Linguistics, Arabic Language, Mass Communication, History, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, International Affairs, Policy, Planning and Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and Environmental Sciences. The College also houses Master Programs, which are M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences, M.A. in Gulf Studies, M.A. in Arabic Language and Literature, M.Sc. in Materials Science and Technology, and M.Sc. in Applied Statistics. In addition to a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences and a PhD in Gulf Studies. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. Also, there are two established research centers namely the Center for Sustainable Development and the Gulf Studies Center.
It is worth mentioning that as members of Qatar University, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure internal and external funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million project (5 million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
-Lead your own research project within the field of Water Resources Management and contributing to joint research in collaboration with colleagues from the Center and the College
-Establish synergies between your own research and other CSD related research activities, in particular, the Food Security pillar, to secure the needed interdisciplinary approaches
-The candidate is expected to build and lead an independent research group on Water Resources Management in CSD and conduct competitive and innovative research activities at the highest international level
-Publish in high impact factor journals
-Attract substantial research funding from national and international funding bodies
-Interdisciplinary research is encouraged, and collaboration with research groups in QU and other universities, and with stakeholders is anticipated.
-Commitment to high-quality teaching at the undergraduate/graduate level, including generally 3 Credit Hours per semester.
-Active service to CSD and CAS on all aspects of research and academic life.
-A Ph.D. degree in Water Resources Management and/or Engineering or a closely related field
-Strong background in the area of Water Resources Management and Engineering with a focus on Hydrology, Hydrogeology, water management, conservation, hydrodynamic and related fields
-Field work experience in arid and semi-arid water resources management, water storage, disposal, plans to protect, or use a water source in a sustainable manner.
-Rigorous development and application of lifecycle and technoeconomic modeling is desirable.
-Established record of publishing high-impact papers, and capacity to create a thriving research program including engaging in national and international scientific collaborations.
-Ability and willingness to work collaboratively and build relationships with faculty from a multidisciplinary team
-Effective communication skills in English
- Current Curriculum Vitae with Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category: Academic
End Date of Advertisment: 31-Oct-2021