Full Job Description
Outreach and Events Coordinator
Title: Outreach and Events Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Employment: Part Time, 25 hours per week.
Pay Rate: $17 / hour
ClearWater Conservancy is a hardworking land trust and conservation organization nestled in the heart of central Pennsylvania. Since 1980, ClearWater has worked to improve and protect the natural resources of central Pennsylvania for all through land conservation, water resource protection, and environmental outreach to the community. We are an accredited land trust having protected nearly 10,000 acres of land and water, restored more than 200 acres of streamside forests along more than 120,000 linear feet of stream corridors, and we educate 1000’s of people each year through outdoor adventures. Learn more about our work at www.clearwaterconservancy.org.
ClearWater strives to create a fun, inspiring, and family–friendly work environment with flexible work hours and a team-oriented structure.
The Outreach and Events Coordinator will lead, grow and support our community engagement programs and events. They will coordinate events while helping maintain and improve processes and databases to recruit, train and manage volunteers. Successful candidates will have both events and volunteer engagement experience while being an outgoing and focused leader to represent ClearWater in the community.
The Outreach and Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing major events for ClearWater Conservancy. In concert with the Director of Operations and volunteer committees, the Coordinator will work to implement Otto’s Golf Fest, Art and Chocolate Winter Gala, ClearWater’s Annual meeting, Watershed Cleanup Day and CentreGives. This position will also help track, support and communicate with our volunteers to ensure community engagement with all of our programs and events. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations. This position will also work closely with the Conservation Biologist, Adventure Coordinator, and other ClearWater staff needing volunteer staffing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle all event coordination logistics and set up efficient systems for tracking and documenting event data.
- Frequent work in Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, auction software and other technology.
- Ensure well-functioning events offer an amazing guest / participant experience.
- Ensure that the reputation of ClearWater Conservancy is always reflected in a style that is positive and consistent with the mission of the organization.
- Coordinate ClearWater volunteers by : 1) track the organization’s volunteer needs 2) engage supporters in meaningful work 3) schedule volunteers for specific activities 4) set up and maintain volunteer database 5) coordinate volunteer retention and recognition programs.
- Contribute to and participate in outreach activities as needed.
- Assist with overall efforts to promote and sustain the organization, including occasional work in support of membership outreach and fundraising.
- Work closely with staff, volunteers and board in support of conservation projects and to foster a welcoming and respected community institution.
- Engage in fundraising activities such as new member recruitment, corporate sponsor recruitment, and product and in-kind service solicitation as appropriate.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task several projects and competing deadlines and prioritize the most important
- Punctual and efficient; Strict adherence to deadlines
- Meticulous about accuracy, double-checking work often
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of ways: written communication, verbal communication, committee meetings, volunteer relationships
- Experience and skills in use of Microsoft Office products. Experience in Salesforce or other CRM helpful.
- Willingness to learn new software
- Outgoing personality that is friendly, compassionate, and professional
- Ability to form strong, positive working relationships with others (staff, volunteers, existing and prospective donors)
- Solution oriented, enjoys solving problems
- Passionate and knowledgeable about natural resource conservation and the environment
2-3 years of experience in working with event planning or volunteers is preferred. Must be energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; must be a team player and strategic thinker. Ability to multi-task and provide strategic decision making in a team setting. Must be able to work in a small office setting under pressure with good humor and grace. Candidate must have a valid PA driver’s license, clean driving record, and a reliable personal vehicle for transportation to and from work, meetings and events. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Application Instructions: Email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and an example of your writing in one
PDF document with your full name in the file name to Rhonda Rumbaugh, Director of Operations, by Friday, July 23rd, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ClearWater Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability as set forth by applicable state and federal laws. In addition, laws regarding veteran or military status are observed.
This commitment is reflected in all our practices and policies regarding hiring, training, promotions, rates of pay, layoff, and other forms of compensation. All matters relating to employment are based upon ability to perform the job as well as dependability and reliability once hired.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19