- Are you an experienced groundwater scientist?
- Keen to join a skilled, supportive and passionate science team?
- With the opportunity to use your scientific skills and knowledge to protect Tairāwhiti water resources
Gisborne District Council has an important time ahead managing Tairāwhiti’s groundwater. We need a skilled and confident groundwater scientist to help us understand and manage our region’s groundwater.
Your attitude and passion for embarking on this hugely important mahi along with effective communication skills are vital to succeed in this role which is important for our environment, culture and economy.
As a member of the Gisborne District Council team, you’ll enjoy seeing how your contribution makes a difference to our region. We were the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people, and we offer a flexible and supportive environment with the opportunity to learn from the breadth of knowledge and experiences that we provide.
To forge ahead in this role you’ll need….
- At least five years of relevant work experience including managing projects
- A degree level qualification in a relevant scientific field such as hydrogeology, hydrology, environmental management, geology.
- Sound knowledge of groundwater systems including issues affecting both resource quality and quantity.
Please contact Graeme Card or Tom Porter for further information.
Applications close at 10am Thursday 22 July 2021. We would like to move quickly on this and may interview prior to the closing date if we have the opportunity. Job LocationGisborne, Gisborne (Tūranga nui a Kiwa), New Zealand