IWC offers a range of scholarships which vary year to year depending on the interests of sponsoring organisations who wish to fund leadership development in the water sector.
For the 2021/22 round we are offering a total of 7 scholarships:
- Four (4) scholarships funded by IWC (4 x half scholarships)
- Three (3) scholarships funded by Clearwater (2 x full scholarships, 1 x partial scholarship)
Please note: the final number and value of scholarships awarded will remain at the discretion of IWC and will depend on the quality of applications received.
The International WaterCentre is proudly offering 4 half scholarships for the 2021-2022 running of the Water Leadership Program.
Scholarship will be awarded to high-caliber candidates who clearly demonstrates potential as a future water leader and satisfies the entry criteria.
The IWC half scholarships (valued at $5250 each), will cover half ($5250) of the recipient’s course fees (totalling $10,500 excl GST for the program). The recipient will be required to pay or arrange for payment of the remaining $5250 (excl GST).
All Scholarships for the 2021/22 IWC Water Leadership Program are subject to the following general eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have at least 3 years of work experience in the water industry/sector
- Applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident currently working in Australia.
- Be able to communicate clearly in English
- Applicant’s work supervisors must understand the nature of the program and support their application
All Scholarships for the 2021/22 IWC Water Leadership Program are subject to the following general terms and conditions:
- Full participation in all elements of the program is expected. This includes the ability to travel to Brisbane to physically attend the two face-to-face training sessions in February and July 2022 (COVID permitting).
- If an applicant is offered a scholarship but fails to formally accept the scholarship (i.e. in writing by email) within 3 days, the scholarship may be offered to another applicant.
- Scholarship recipients will be guaranteed a place in the program in 2021/22.
- Scholarships are not transferable to future years or to other people.
Scholarship specific additional eligibility criteria and terms and conditions are detailed in the terms and conditions.
How to apply
Click on the scholarship application form link to apply online.
Terms and conditions
For more information, please view the Terms and Conditions for this scholarship.