Title: ESG Research Associate
Shift : General
CTC : 3,30,000 LPA
Sustainalytics, a Morningstar company, has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by institutional investors globally to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
The Research Analyst will be part of Sustainalytics’ Quantitative Data Team, which operates within Sustainalytics’ ESG research department. The team is responsible for collecting ESG metrics. Clients use metrics data, like carbon emissions, water, waste etc for reporting purposes.
The Research Analyst accurately and efficiently collects and enters data on selected list of sustainability or ESG metrics. The analyst is responsible for screening corporate regulatory filings and websites to collect key data points on companies’ ESG impact and for entering findings into a research database. You will adhere to the local team’s goals, policies and procedures and work in a focused manner to achieve the overall organization’s goals and objectives.
The ability to work in a fast-paced, international and technical environment is critical. The ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders and to proactively identify and resolve issues is also essential in this role. The research team will be part of the global Sustainalytics research department. The Research Analyst will report to the Team Lead, located in Mumbai, India.
- Screen corporate filings and websites to identify relevant data for selected set of ESG metrics.
- Responsible for meeting ESG research quality requirements for covered companies
- Build thematic expertise on relevant ESG and financial metrics.
- Quickly extract and enter relevant corporate information and data in a research tool
- Learn the methodology and processes quickly and be able to apply that knowledge consistently and learn related review tasks.
- Interpret monthly individual performance metrics and seek to improve personal performance
- Identify and communicate areas for improvement across all areas including processes and tools
- Graduate degree in related discipline (business, finance, environment and/or social science);
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience preferably in research environment, with focus on industry / company research / data;
- Good research, analytical and writing capabilities;
- Ability to read volumes of data and pick out relevant information
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Ability to effectively communicate with local and international teams;
- Strong business English oral and writing skills
- Ability to work and adapt in a changing and innovative international environment;
- Affinity with data analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years’ experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
In these times, we rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com