Regulatory Strategies Group
CEA’s Regulatory Strategies Group was established to help clients develop, negotiate, and implement regulatory compliance programs; research and respond to policy and rule changes; and design and execute proactive engagement strategies with agencies and elected officials. Over the past 30 years, CEA has fashioned and implemented collaborative, multi-stakeholder approaches, working with regulators, environmental groups, and other policymakers to address air-quality, energy, freshwater, land use, transportation, and other environmental issues.
CEA is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to play a key role in the firm’s Regulatory Strategies Group. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking an entry-level position in the environmental field to gain exposure across a broad range of issues. The Research Associate will be exposed to a fast-paced, collegial, team-oriented work environment and will have the opportunity to serve on a wide variety of client assignments on some of the most pressing environmental issues.
The Research Associate will be responsible for managing schedules, planning meetings, editing documents and designing and conducting extensive research within the environmental field. The position requires intellectual rigor, independence, demonstrated attention to detail and a passion for environmental issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Associate will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Provide general organizational and operations support to Regulatory Strategies Group.
- Assist with production and quality control of outgoing work products and correspondence.
- Conduct research and produce summary memos, reports, articles, presentations, and proposals. Support project teams with logistics, setting up conference calls, coordinating travel arrangements, etc.
- Support communications and outreach efforts and management of client database.
- Support marketing and communication efforts.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- One to two years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a field related to environmental studies, economics, or public policy
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working with HTML and web publishing a plus
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- A self-starter, with the ability to anticipate team needs
- Strong passion for environmental and social issues
About the Organization
For thirty years, California Environmental Associates (CEA) has provided nonprofits, foundations, businesses, and government institutions with a range of environmental management, regulatory compliance, and strategy solutions. CEA provides consulting services in three main practice areas: Philanthropic Services, Recruiting and Organizational Design Services, and Regulatory and Compliance Strategy across a wide array of environmental issues, including climate change, energy policy, marine conservation, sustainable agriculture, forest management, goods movement, air quality, and land-use planning. In addition to a diverse range of consulting services, CEA also offers its clients assistance with recruiting and program development.
For a more in-depth description of our services and philosophy, please visit our website: www.ceaconsulting.com.
Compensation and Location
CEA offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be based in San Francisco, CA. The expected start date for this position is September 2016.