Asset Management Consultant- North West and Yorkshire- Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds or Liverpool
This role is for an advisory position that focusses on the Water and Road markets, with potential for support in other markets such as Rail and Energy in due course. The role is relatively wide, and you will be working with a variety of clients on a range of advisory projects. Our advisory clients include Yorkshire Water, United Utilities, Thames Water, Welsh Water, Anglian Water, Highways England, Network Rail, DfT, TfN, BEIS, Sellafield, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, private infrastructure investors and city authorities. The role will involve working away from your home office location as and when required.
Your role will be to help deliver and shape our service and product offerings by applying our unique mix of capabilities, technical and non-technical, to focus on outcomes that will contribute to our clients’ success. Ideally, you will have knowledge of the water sector regulations.
The specific role attributes are:
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and acumen, including a strong track record in work winning
- The ability to analyse business activities to create and deliver strategic approaches for clients through understanding their business drivers, risks and opportunities, resulting in significant improvements to their businesses.
- Contribute to client accounts and business development activity working with clients to understand their needs and form compelling proposals for consultancy services
- Develop and build strong client relationships and command the confidence of others, internally and externally.
- Contribute to the delivery of projects within multidisciplinary consulting teams.
- Continually seek to broaden knowledge base, including awareness of broader business, economics and the political environment.
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge base and continually seek to develop. Existing experience of operations and maintenance of infrastructure assets would be advantageous.
- Adopt an organised, methodological and creative approach to problem solving and decision-making
- Achieve successful client engagement at senior / strategic level
- Deliver robust business benefits led strategy, return in investment, best practice improvement programmes and change management (people, processes, technology and culture) methodologies
We encourage our staff to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients.
Infrastructure Advisory Team
This is an opportunity to work as part of a high performing collaborative team and contribute to a range of exciting and interesting new products and projects across several infrastructure markets. You will be based as part of our UK infrastructure advisory team, which undertakes a wide range of work for our clients which include governmental and private infrastructure asset owners, operators & contractors; regulatory and policy organisations; and investment institutions. We provide expertise in:
- Asset Management
- Assurance and Regulation
- Business Case
- Contract and performance requirements
- Digital, technology and trials
- Guidance, standards and specifications development
- Investment and business case
- Operational and maintenance
- Procurement advice
- Risk and Resilience
- Safety policy and advice
- Strategy & policy
We pride ourselves on multi-disciplinary working, an approach which integrates the many technical abilities of our global organisation. Therefore, our staff can find themselves working in partnership with our experts in investment advisory, planning, environmental consulting and many aspects of engineering.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Membership and Chartership from an appropriate professional body.
- Asset Management qualifications are desirable ISO 55000, PAS 55
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle – we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you’re interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we’ll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Stay safe online – Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.