Skat Consulting Ltd. is an owner-operated leading Swiss company specialising in international cooperation. We are dedicated to making available basic services and ensuring dignified living conditions and a healthy environment for all. We support governments, the private sector and civil society around the globe in improving people’s lives by facilitating lasting solutions in water, building, energy and governance.
With our team of around 20 people in Switzerland and about 70 persons abroad we provide consulting and knowledge sharing services and implement long-term development projects in Eastern Europe and Africa.
Water is our strongest field of expertise and among our core strengths are: water, sanitation and hygiene in rural areas; water services sector reforms and multilevel water governance; networking and knowledge management for water; consulting for project cycle management and project portfolio development. We have recently made strong inroads into river basin management and IWRM and in addition, we plan to develop our water expertise in humanitarian aid and we want to develop cooperation with the private sector (e.g. water stewardship).
We are looking for an experienced water expert and project manager to start as soon as possible and to help us in consolidating our water expertise and expanding our business, thematically as well as geographically.
The expert will join our water team in some of our ongoing projects and will be instrumental in acquiring new projects in our core fields of expertise and in the areas we plan to develop. The expert will work both independently and in small project teams.
The 60-100% position is based in Switzerland with regular international travels.
Tasks of the expert:
- Business development: project acquisition in public tenders for Swiss or international clients and/or for private sector clients
- Consulting: provide consulting services as lead consultant or contributor in project teams for diverse consulting services such as project appraisals, evaluations, scoping studies, thematic backstopping, strategic lead of implementation projects etc.
- Project management: supervision of project teams, steering, budgeting, oversight of financial administration, monitoring, reporting, quality assurance etc.
- Confirmed professional experience (min. of 7 years) in the context of international cooperation (development and/or humanitarian aid), including in-country experience in low- and middle- income and/or transitions countries.
- Relevant thematic experience related to water in Skat’s core fields of expertise and/or the areas we plan to develop
- Strong experience in managing and implementing international projects in an intercultural context in development cooperation and/or humanitarian aid
- Experience in business development and acquisition, responding to public tendering, writing of offers for a broad variety of potential clients
- Extensive professional network related to development cooperation and humanitarian aid, links to potential clients and partners
- Strategic thinking, high service orientation; independent and flexible; integrating, motivating and appreciative team player and project leader
- Excellent English language skills. Additional languages, especially French and German, are an asset.
- Residence permit in Switzerland (preferable) or in a EU country
- Meaningful work with a high degree of autonomy and possibility to contribute to shaping the company’s direction and work
- Being part of our dedicated, dynamic and friendly team with flat hierarchies
- Adequate remuneration and attractive working conditions, including flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- Possibility to become shareholder of the company Application Please send your application (motivation letter, CV highlighting the experiences relevant for the assignment, contact details of 3 reference persons) by email to [email protected] until latest 06.08.2021. Questions can be addressed to [email protected] and [email protected] .