The Department of Planning & Environment is the lead NSW Government agency in planning for a growing NSW. The Department is going through an exciting period of organisational and operational change.
The Department’s vision – “Planning for growing NSW: inspiring strong communities, protecting our environment” – provides the benchmark for our partnership and leadership approach to engaging and working collaboratively with key State and Local Government, community and industry stakeholders to deliver better outcomes in the areas of planning, local government and the environment.
Energy, Water and Portfolio Strategy is a Division of the Department of Planning and Environment.
The Division leads strategic policy, programs and major initiatives that work towards securing, regulating and delivering the state’s energy, metropolitan water and housing.
• You will be play a pivotal role in delivering strategy and programs.
• Contributing to the improvement of Government & Departmental initiatives related to the States Water efficiencies
• Working within multi-disciplinary teams to achieve Departmental outcomes and Government objectives.
About the role;
• Research, analyse and undertake policy, planning and infrastructure issues to deliver integrated water cycle planning projects
• Provide high level advice on metro water planning matters, supporting executives, Ministers and other key stakeholders
• Monitor and evaluate the branch’s programs, policy recommendations and projects.
• Degree in urban/town planning, urban design, economics, environmental management, engineering or other related field or relevant experience.
• Demonstrated understanding and experience in the water industry and/or in policies governing land use planning, environmental assessment or environmental regulation
To be successful in the role, ideally you will have:
• Previous experience and knowledge of current and emerging water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, planning and policy issues.
• Exceptional leadership skills where you will support a multi-disciplinary team to meet current NSW Government objectives.
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future temporary and ongoing roles with similar focus capabilities. The Recruitment Pool may be available to hiring managers from DPE and other NSW Public Sector agencies over a 12-month period.
- Complete all the questions in the online application.
- Please outline your suitability to the role in a covering letter (no longer than 1 page)
- The information provided in your application needs to show how you meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements of the role. (Refer to the role description for details about the capabilities and the associated behavioural indicators. The role description also lists the essential role requirements.)
Our commitment to diversity:
The Department of Planning and Environment values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse groups and those with a disability.
Applications Close: 11:59pm Wednesday 22nd August 2018
Should you require further information about the role please contact; Gerard O’Dea (02) 02 8275 1011 if you have any enquiries regarding the recruitment process please contact Sarah Qassis (02) 9585 6737.