Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Project – Integrated Water Resource Management & Rural Livelihoods* in El Fasher
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be El Fasher, Sudan.
The project in North Darfur integrates the rehabilitation of water infrastructure with rural livelihood development to support internally displaced people return and economic recovery in North Darfur (Sudan). As Head of Project, you will be responsible for the coordination, planning and operative implementation of the project while ensuring financial compliance and high-quality reporting to Welthungerhilfe’s Country Office in Khartoum and to donors.
- Carry out the project planning, implementation, monitoring and the project’s financial control
- Ensure that all project relevant support (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.) is in place
- Compile job specifications and initiate tendering procedures in line with Welthungerhilfe rules and regulations
- Manage contractors, consultants, staff members and civil society partners engaged in project activities
- Oversee component cash transfers within the project (cash for work, seed fairs)
- Ensure the project runs smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time
- Liaise with government authorities, line ministries, UN, INGOs and national NGOs and represent Welthungerhilfe in relevant fora/clusters at state and national level and within the humanitarian community
- A university or polytechnic degree in civil engineering or agriculture. or other relevant degree
- A minimum of 5 years of project and management experience in carrying out projects in a transitional context
- Broad experience with agricultural development for agro pastoralists and natural resource management (NRM)
- Proven experience in managing or overseeing construction of water infrastructure (dams, boreholes, shallow wells and earth dams) and creating linkages to agricultural livelihoods
- Good understanding of compliance with legal requirements related to constructions, especially health and safety
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- A high level of resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English, German and/or Arabic language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by July 18, 2021. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.