• Contribute sound environmental advice in response to referrals and Victoria’s native vegetation regulations
• Work with a variety of stakeholder groups to build regional capacity to deliver biodiversity and water projects
• Location flexible (Ballarat or Horsham)
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) brings together Victoria’s planning, local government, environment, energy, suburban development, forests, emergency management, climate change and water functions into a single department to strengthen connections between the environment, community, industry and economy. It is tasked with ensuring that Victoria has the right conditions to enable economic growth, while delivering liveable, inclusive and sustainable communities.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
The Natural Environment Program Officer will support delivery of high quality biodiversity and water services for the Natural Environment Programs Unit.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of place-based projects, biodiversity programs, water projects, provide input into the development of policy and strategy, and support monitoring and review processes to support an agile, high performing culture.
- Provide high quality biodiversity and water services to meet business and operational objectives and priorities, including, where relevant, setting clear directions for staff, monitoring and managing performance to support a high performing culture.
- Guide and support the effective and efficient provision of place based projects, biodiversity programs, water projects, input into the development of policy and strategy, and support monitoring and review processes.
- Work with the relevant teams to ensure the consistent, integrated and efficient delivery of community partnership services across the Forest, Fire and Regions Group.
- Ensure departmental and group requirements are met in accordance with legislative, policy and procedural requirements.
- Identify emerging issues, risks and trends impacting on the successful achievement of objectives and priorities and develop solutions and options.
- As an active member of the Natural Environment Programs team, contribute to the delivery of group and departmental priorities, and to building an inclusive and high performing workforce that is customer focussed, collaborative, professional and engaged
- Ability to work within a dynamic policy and legislative framework
- Good skills in the identification and management of threatened species and vegetation communities
- Qualifications and/or experience in natural resource management is desirable.
This is an ongoing position.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the key selection criteria and any job requirements specified in the position description.
For a confidential discussion on the role, please call Nathan MacDonald, Program Manager – Natural Environment Programs on 0417 051 032
Applications close at 11:59 P.M. Sunday, 19 August 2018.