Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be groundbreaking in the global health and “WASH” sectors, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In nine years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 360,000 children in cities around the world.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
• People – People first. People second. People third. • Quality – Beautiful products that function and last. • Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS. • Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere. • Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash is seeking a Program Coordinator , who will be responsible for providing administrative and financial support for Splash’s program operations across the six countries where we are actively working. This includes maintaining complete and accurate records regarding our program work, providing support for grant proposals and reports, and assisting with programmatic data entry, review and analysis.<br><br>
The Program Coordinator must have a working knowledge of project and data management tools and methods, preferably in the international development sector. S/he will be a trusted source of information and knowledge regarding the status of program work across all aspects of our WASH programs across six countries. This position reports to the Program Director and requires close collaboration across all departments: Programs, Finance, Development, and Operations.
- Monitoring and providing administrative support for field activities and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of data entered by field staff
- Assist in identifying and communicating system change requests and process updates when appropriate
- Tracking project budgets and activity plans
- Providing administrative support for equipment procurement and vendor management
- Acting as a liaison between US and International staff as requested
- Supporting programmatic knowledge management and documentation efforts
- Providing logistical and administrative support to field and program staff
- Coordinating and communicating with grant funders and implementing partners regarding administrative and contractual matters when appropriate
- Ensuring programmatic compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Providing support to the program team for monitoring contracts and subcontracts and ensuring accurate record-keeping for work performed by implementation partners
- Assisting in the preparation, review, and dissemination of project reports, deliverables, presentations, and budgets
Compensation & Benefits
Annual salary for this position will be established at time of hire, then reviewed at least annually. Splash provides generous health coverage benefits, including medical, dental, and vision, as well as a 401k plan.
Education, Experience, & Personal Characteristics
Qualified candidates must have a BA or Master’s degree in International Development, Public Health, Public Policy, or a related field plus at least 2 years of experience in project or program administration or project management; non-profit experience is preferred. Working knowledge of database software programs is required; Salesforce experience preferred. This position also requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to review and analyze data and to present it in a meaningful way to internal and external audiences. Candidates should have strong writing skills and cultural sensitivity; international experience preferred.
Desired Attributes Include
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
- You prefer being part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from others (and are always willing to take a break for a ping pong battle!)
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You have a strong ability to plan, sequence, and prioritize work
- You are part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and interaction both in and out of the office
- You are a excellent communicator (even across geographically dispersed teams), with the ability to listen, communicate effectively, and build trust
- You demonstrate excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- You have a strong interest in global health and international development
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve