About Wetlands International
Wetlands International is global not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the conservation and restoration of wetlands. The vision of Wetlands International is: “a world where wetlands are treasured and nurtured for their beauty, the life they support and the resources they provide”. They have operated as a global network since 1996 and are the leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the conservation and restoration of wetlands.
The Director of Operations and Network Development is responsible to guide the institutional development and operations of the organisation, to achieve their desired impact around the world. This will be achieved by optimising delivery of “global network services” and by adapting the business model by agreement with the Directors of Wetlands International offices. The postholder will oversee and support network development; enabling improved collaboration throughout the network, improving programme set-up and implementation to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
The successful candidate will have experience in NGO’s at local, national and international levels; from hands-on in the field positions to roles where strategic oversight and decision making is of crucial importance. S/he will have affinity with the purpose and approach of the organisation and can demonstrate that enhancing operational and organisational processes has yielded meaningful results under his/her leadership.
- experience in business planning leading to institutional development outcomes
- demonstrated management capability (with experience in field and management roles)
- experience in managing complex, multi-partner, multi-region projects and programmes
- working experience at a senior level in a multi-office international organisation
- proficient and comfortable to work in multi layered, multi cultural and dispersed teams
- excellent inter-personal skills and fluency in English; written and oral
- experience of working with technical persons and people of a variety of cultures
- available for travel overseas
- an affinity with the purpose and approach of Wetlands International
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply.