Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for the Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI) program.
The WARIDI program is a key activity of USAID/Tanzania which seeks to achieve improvements in health, water resources management, agriculture, and climate change adaptation in Tanzania. The five-year WARIDI activity promotes state of the art approaches in the management of water-related resources and services in select districts of the Rufiji and Wami-Ruvu river basins. This position will be full time and based in Morogoro, Tanzania.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for the overall implementation of USAID/WARIDI. The COP provides quality assurance and quality control of all program deliverables as well as leadership, supervision, and direction to the project’s field implementation team. The COP is the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, GOT and other partners and provides overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP also provides comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program.
* A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline including water resources management/engineering, water hydraulic engineering, public health engineering, environmental management, natural resources management, or rural development;
* A minimum of twelve (12) years of managerial experience in international development, preferably as Chief of Party on large USAID programs of similar magnitude and complexity in East Africa;
* Demonstrated experience in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM), governance, livelihoods, Private Public Partnerships to provide WASH services in urban and rural settings;
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to engage a wide range and levels of organizations and stakeholders;
* Strong ability managing disagreements with the client, project subcontractors, and other key stakeholders in a professional manner;
* Proven team building and leadership skills commensurable for a large (75+) team of Tanzanian employees;
* Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of working in East Africa;
* Outstanding management and reporting skills;
* Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) of the English language.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* A list of at least 5 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.