About the Position: Manages and maintains the district’s Hydraulics and Hydrology Office’s field data collection
program and equipment.
- Plans, prepares, and leads field related activities on large river systems.
- Uses acoustic Doppler current profiler to measure discharge on large river systems.
- Performs repair and maintenance assignments at various gauging stations.
- Manages property accountability for all gage and related equipment.
- Collects, compiles and disseminates hydraulic, hydrologic and hydrometeorology data for the Great Lakes basin.
- Makes independent field investigations.
- Posts appropriate data streams to the web pages for public dissemination.
- Assembles necessary field equipment and supplies.
- Prepares instructive material, oversees upkeep of equipment, and ensures the proper adherence to safety practices.