Job title: Project Manager WASH MLI06**
Country : Mali
Duty Station: Ansongo**
Duration of contract: 7 months ( renewable)**
Closing date : 21/08/2018**
Reporting to : Head of Base**
About Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe:**
Since 1981 “Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe” has provided fast and sustainable support to people in need worldwide.
Our aim is for all human beings to live dignified, peaceful and safe lives of their own accord. Help assists people in need towards achieving self-reliance, irrespective of their gender and political or religious values. Help provides emergency relief after disasters, and assists with reconstruction and long-term development of all spheres of life. In the long run our goal is to reduce the vulnerability of communities to new conflicts or natural disasters and to strengthen their resilience. Help - Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe is active worldwide in 22 countries in the areas of health, reconstruction, climate protection, disaster preparedness, Education, refugee relief, livelihood and food security. Active in Mali since November 2013, Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe, intervenes in the areas of economic recovery, health, food security and WASH and Gender based violence.
About the position:
The Project Manager is directly linked to Head of Base. He will be responsible for overall management of the project “Sustainable access to Water Hygiene and sanitation in Ansongo, Gao in Mali”.
This is unaccompanied position and housing is in collective accommodation
Tasks and responsibilities
1. Project Management
- Plan and implement the project activities , ensure compliance with planning and implementation plans (logical framework, timing, deadlines, accountability for results);
- Supervision and control of all project activities;
- Generate a monthly activities progress report and funds forecast related to the implementation of project activities;
- Provide technical assistance/support to the local NGO for a proper implementation of Community Lead Total sanitation (CLTS) approach and other social intermediation activities.
- Ensure that the project activities (soft & hard) are in compliance with national and or international norms and guidance;
- Regularly reporting to Help Office in Bamako;
- Preparation of evaluation either internal or donors requested.
2. Program development
- Provide technical assistance to the development of Wash interventions using the results of technical evaluations conducted in the field ;
- Contribute to the preparation of concept notes and proposals for institutional donors;
- Provide technical support to program teams on writing donor reports;
- Provide guidance to the Program assistant in Bamako in its participation in WASH cluster and other WASH networks at Bamako level ;
- Lead proactively the development of WASH strategy for Help Mali ;
- Work closely with the Health and GVB specialists to integrate the programs and strengthen their coherence;
- Maximize sharing of lessons learnt to all staff and publicly with special communications in networks and Help Website ;
- Review and identify best practices in WASH (in development and emergency situations) including water supply, water quality, sanitation, WASH in school, in health centers and hygiene promotion globally and their applicability.
3. Network and Representation**
- Cooperation with relevant international and national NGOs working in the project area;
- Participate to networks, initiatives and other meetings regarding humanitarian response
4. Required profile/experience
- University degree in water resources, environmental engineering , or another related field ;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in humanitarian work, preferably in an emergency context;
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment of, design, and delivery of WASH activities ;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles and WASH in emergency ;
- Experience in northern Mali is a plus;
- Positive and solutions-oriented person focused on team-building, problem-solving, and support to the teams and beneficiary communities.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their CV, motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "Project Manager WASH MLI 06 Mali”.