About the International Center on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP)
International Center on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP) is a public and non-profit institution directly under the auspices of United Nations Industrial and Development Organization (UNIDO), China’s Ministry of Water Resources and Ministry of Commerce. ICSHP serves as the headquarters of the International Network on Small Hydro Power (INSHP), which is an international organization with more than 400 members from 78 countries.
World SHP Development Report Project
The first World Small Hydropower Development Report (WSHPDR) was published in 2013. The second edition is launched in Nov. 2016 and the platform has been updated in May 2017.
There is an opportunity for two self-motivated team players to join the Secretariat to help with the Report. The work location is at ICSHP and successful candidates will support the publishing process related to the WSHPDR. As the secretariat communicates globally with francophone and Spanish-speaking countries, additional language skills are desirable. The role would suit a recent or experienced graduate in one of the following fields:
– Mass communication
– Desktop publishing
– Editing/copy-editing and proofreading existing articles
– Concept development and follow-up research for new publication
– Division support (e.g. project proposals, translations, newsletter, website contributions)
– Maintaining contact with network members
Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) with a minimum of two years work experience in one of the following areas: journalism, publishing, environmental policy, renewable energy, engineering, international relations and economics.
– Native English or very good English level
– Editing and proof-reading experience
– Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time
– Ability to work autonomously and research given topics
– Excellent communication skills to maintain relations with network members or other international institutions
– Excellent computer skills. Skills in desktop publishing software and knowledge and/or experience in the publishing industry is a plus
– Other languages
– Project management
– Desktop publishing/writing/editing
– Ability to work in a team
Salary and Visa Information
The role here is classified as ‘voluntary’. Successful candidates will therefore have to apply for the F Visa generally. While we cannot influence the outcome of any visa decision, we do provide administrative to support for your application.
The successful candidate will be provided, in return for full time hours (8.30-16.30 Monday to Friday) the following:
– Free and secure accommodation at the Secretariat with cooking facilities
– Lunch on Monday to Friday
– Pocket money which is enough to meet additional needs (3000~4000 RMB/month)
Given the voluntary nature of the position, it is important to note that any applicants have the financial means to purchase the flight tickets and obtain the “F” visa. ICSHP does not reimburse these costs.
Length of contract is for 6 months initially (with the option to extend).
Deadline: September 30th 2018.
Please apply with CV and cover letter to Jenny Wang/the International Centre on Small Hydropower.
Email: [email protected]