Are you passionate about communicating science? We are a world class environmental Research Centre looking for an experienced communications professional to build our profile with a wide range of audiences.
We are seeking an experienced communications professional to manage our public relations, media relations, social media and content creation.
The ideal candidate will have
- Over five years’ public relations experience, dealing with government, policy, industry and research audiences.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging diverse audiences with scientific issues, including the general public.
- Great relationships with relevant editors and journalists, and a track record of building media partnerships with broadcast, print and online media.
- Strong planning ability and experience creating and delivering communications plans in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and developing staff, and a talent for building relationships with experts.
Some of the main duties of the role are
- Oversee CEH’s public relations, media relations, social media, content creation, and public engagement and events functions.
- Manage and develop three staff – a Media Relations Officer, a Media and Social Media Coordinator, and an Events and Public Engagement Coordinator.
- Liaise with senior managers and scientists over four CEH sites to identify and scope priority projects, maintaining a forward plan that facilitates cross-team working.
- Create and deliver effective communications plans for priority projects, and provide clear reports on performance with a focus on outcomes as well as outputs
This role would not be able to sponsor an individual who requires a visa. To work for CEH, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
How to apply:
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services; to apply please visit our job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc246075_8478.aspx
Please ensure that you complete an application form as CVs will not be accepted as a standalone. The form should be uploaded via the "My Account" menu option on the "Jobs Home" page. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact UKSBS by telephone on 01793 867000, please quote reference number IRC246075.