Technical Consultant, Water & Natural Resources Management
Blumont is seeking to recruit a short term (up to 90 days) technical consultant to support in the development of a proposal to respond to USAID Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE) II’s Resilience and Natural Resources Management Activity. This Activity will be implemented in Burkina Faso and/ or Niger and will address water security, land sustainable management and use, and management of risks, shocks and stresses.
The Technical Consultant will work closely with the proposal technical lead and manager, as well as other resource persons involved in proposal development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in compliance with Blumont’s business development processes including participation in kick off and solution design sessions, development of win themes, differentiators, and color team reviews to develop a winning proposal.
- Support in capture efforts including participating in capture trip(s) to Senegal, Burkina Faso and/or Niger.
- Identify and facilitate partnerships and communications with local, regional and international stakeholders.
- Support in the development of the proposal, including research and writing.
- Provide relevant and innovative solutions, and technically sound and current information to help shape project design for this Activity.
- Provide technical input for cross-cutting issues including women and youth, and governance.
- Support in the identification of key personnel to be included in the proposal.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the proposal technical lead pertaining to this opportunity.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong technical writing skills and a graduate degree in international development, natural resource management or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the field of natural resource management, water security.
- Proven track record of writing successful proposals for USAID-funded projects.
- Work experience in West Africa, preferably in Burkina Faso and/or Niger.
- Knowledge of the institutional set up and stakeholders of the water and natural resources management in target countries highly desirable.
- Fluency in French is a must.
- Ability to travel to the field is a must.