Join our international non-profit research organisation and help create a sustainable future for all. SEI Oxford is a dynamic, expanding workplace that employs 12 friendly and enthusiastic employees in an office in north Oxford, UK.
We are looking for an innovative and proactive weADAPT Assistant Knowledge Manager to join our expanding team. This important role is part of the ongoing growth of the weADAPT platform on climate change adaptation issues, and will play a key part in further developing the website and increasing its global reach.
weADAPT is a global open-access, collaborative platform on climate adaptation issues that promotes knowledge sharing and peer-to-peer learning across and between the climate change adaptation community of research, policy and practice and related fields. As such, it plays an important role in helping actors from various contexts learn about climate change adaptation and connect with up-to-date good practice and relevant peers, thereby supporting them to build their own capacities, build new collaborations and deliver more effective programmes.
Based on SEIʼs vision and mission the growth of weADAPT will include the launch of new content, the design and development of new features and functionality based on the needs of the weADAPT community, and in-depth analysis of our reach and impact to better understand what we are achieving and how we can improve. It will also see the identification and development of new partners and funding opportunities for the platform. As an Assistant Knowledge Manager you are part of this exciting journey and will ensure that the high quality of user driven, innovative content on the site is maintained.
- Collaborate with the weADAPT Coordinator and the weADAPT Knowledge Manager to deliver weADAPT’s strategic goals, content needs and functionality.
- Proactively plan, curate and create content aligned with the weADAPT mission. This will include producing syntheses of reports, projects and events that highlight key learning and allow rapid appraisal, whilst also being visually appealing and accessible.
- Contribute to quality assurance of content created by others through interaction with both weADAPT contributors and Theme Editors, throughout the process from content creation to publication. This will include supporting contributors to meet guidelines on how create content that helps others to learn from their experience as well as editing contributed content.
- Ensure publishing and coordination of all content on social media in a time-sensitive manner, and in accordance with relevant events (e.g. observance days and conferences).
- Source, create and develop new content that meets the needs of weADAPT’s target audiences.
- Deliver training and guidance to build the capabilities of the weADAPT contributors and Editors (including facilitating quarterly team meetings with Editors).
- Coordinate content for the newsletter, including planning, creation, promotion and follow up.
- Lead the monitoring, analysis and regular reporting on digital performance analytics for the platform, including using Google Analytics and social media statistics.
Who you are
You are personable, can work independently and enjoy engaging with others and being part of a team. You relish finding innovative solutions and have a natural ability for creative problem solving. You believe in the potential of online learning and want to be part of taking the weADAPT community forward in the fast moving and competitive field of online knowledge management. You also have some understanding of the complexity of the challenges surrounding online knowledge management and engaging diverse audiences. You are interested in teaching others about digital capabilities and you possess the patience that this might require. Ideally, you also have experience working with people from varied backgrounds and cultures.
In addition, you should possess the following specific qualifications:
- Knowledge of and background in climate and environment-related issues.
- A background in communication, knowledge management or other related field
- A high level of writing and communication skills
- In depth digital experience, preferably including storytelling on digital platforms.
- Excellent English skills; proficiency in additional languages (particularly Spanish and French) would be favourable
How to apply
As we only accept applications through our recruitment system, please apply online using the button below and include:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Please include links (URLs) to samples of your written work. If you are not the sole author or creator, please describe your role and contribution
- The names and contact details of two professional references. We will alert you before contacting your references.
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application soon, however no later than the 15th August, 23:59 CET.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.