Join our international non-profit research organization and help create a sustainable future for all. SEI Stockholm is a dynamic, expanding workplace that employs around 90 people from 28 different nationalities in an activity-based office in central Stockholm (Garnisonen).
We are recruiting a Communications Officer to support research projects and initiatives, with a focus on climate change. The Communications Officer partners together with the Project Leader of research projects and other research initiatives to deliver the communication requirements during the life cycle of the projects.
The CO is responsible for the project communication strategy delivery together with the Head of Unit for Project Communications and for the delivery of all communication outputs and materials. These outputs include for example: content curation, event coordination (attendance if needed), social media updates, videos, monitoring of current climate happenings/events.
The CO works together with others in the communications team such as the Press Officer, Web Editor, Editors, etc. to make sure that all communications deliveries are impactful and reaching set KPIs. The CO brings in expertise and is proactive with ideas for communication optimization.
The CO is a member of several project groups and is responsible for time management within their project portfolio.
- Partner with the research Project Leader to deliver the communication requirements during the life cycle of the projects
- Create communication activity plans for the research projects, drawing upon advice from other specialists in the communications team
- Coordinate all communication activities within the projects, initiatives and events
- Develop content within different communication channels
- Monitor and evaluate the outcomes of communications in the projects
- Plan for SEI’s participation in the yearly UN climate change conference and following the climate change research community in order to propose communications activities in order to best profile SEI within the area
Who you are
We are looking for a person with 8 years of work experience in communications with the equivalent of at least 2 years communicating on climate change and issues related to climate change. You will need good knowledge of climate change research and the policy landscape, how it operates and who the key players are. You will need to have hands-on experience of communication work such as writing for the web including social media, text, photo and video editing. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is required.
As a person you are a strong project manager and possess an ability to initiate and drive tasks and ideas forward. You are inspired by and can engage a broader audience in the areas of environment and development. You transform scientific information into impactful and simple messages.
You are a near native English speaker with an excellent command of the English language. Having a good command of the Swedish language is a merit but not a requirement.
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than 13 August, 23:59 Stockholm local time. Applications should be written in English and consist of a short CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page).
As we only accept applications through our recruitment system, please apply online using the button below and include:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
- Curriculum vitae.