|SSG Advisors is a an award-winning global development solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that works with a variety of government, philanthropic and commercial clients around the world. We harness the power of collaboration to enable communities, companies and governments to drive market-based solutions to global challenges, such as climate change, violent extremism and food security. SSG seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.|
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The Project Analyst provides critical project implementation support to portfolio projects and plays a vital role on our business development team. This is a full-time position based in Burlington, Vermont with frequent travel to developing countries to support project implementation activities.
Project Management (50%)
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and monitoring of SSG projects from the home office and during short-term assignments in the field, as required
- Work closely with Project Managers to develop, manage, and track portfolio project budgets in accordance with contract requirements, managing smaller contracts under supervision of a Director or Deputy Director
- Develop scopes of work and staff position descriptions; prepare activity reports and other deliverables, as required
- Recruit and support the fielding of project staff and consultants
- Contribute to and/or participate in assessments, research/analysis, field interviews, curricula development for training, and evaluations
- Support project communications, including website content, articles, success stories, blog posts, etc.
Business Development (40%)
- Serve as a member of the business development team, identify and track opportunities, and liaise with potential partners
- Carry out research needed to inform opportunity tracking and proposal development
- Manage and/or coordinate recruiting efforts
- Contribute to the proposal development process as proposal manager, technical coordinator, personnel manager, corporate capabilities writer, budgeter, and/or cost proposal coordinator depending on the size/scope of proposal, and lead subcontracting opportunities of up to $500K
- Coordinate with prime contractors and subcontractors to ensure timely delivery or required cost, technical and supporting documents required for proposal submission
Additional Activities (10%)
- Draft corporate communications, including website content, one pagers, social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook), blog posts, etc.
- Support the creation of marketing collateral as needed
- Help develop SSG partnership methodologies, tools, and training curricula
- At least two years of professional experience, preferably in an international development context
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated capability in research and analysis
- Outstanding written and oral communications abilities
- Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish, French or Arabic
- Technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Private Sector Development, Natural Resources Management, Workforce Development, or Human Security
- Ability to travel 20% internationally on short notice
- Familiarity with public private partnerships and alliances strongly preferred
- US work authorization is required
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, writing sample (five pages or less) and three references to [email protected]. Please include “Project Analyst 2016” in the subject line.
If you apply for this position via SSG’s website (Careers Page), we recommend using Google Chrome as your web browser.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.