Canada nationals: Policy Positions Candidate Roster
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Not to worry though, we are keeping the application process simple. You won't even need a cover letter!
Have a look at the essential and asset qualifications, answer some questions and also tell us a little about your areas of interest.
What happens after you click submit?
Applications will then be reviewed by various CEAA managers.
Then, as needs arise within the organization within the various Divisions, candidates who have expressed an interest may be contacted for further consideration.
Any of the following methods and tools may be used to further assess your qualifications for the position. This may include interviews, written exams, scenarios, writing samples, reference checks and past performance results from previous jobs. The exact assessment methods may vary depending on the position being staffed.
Random selection may be used to identify which applicants will continue in this staffing process. Selected applicants will be contacted.
Please note that the ability to communicate effectively in writing will be assessed throughout every step of the process (résumé, screening questions, etc.).
At the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA), we are working on a top government priority to put in place better rules for the review of major projects such as pipelines, mines, hydroelectric, ports etc. We are a small Agency now, but we are growing and growing fast. Some of the areas of our growth will be in:
Policy Analysis, Public Engagement, Collaboration and Partnerships, Indigenous policy and consultation and Impact Assessment ( including assessing environmental, health, economic, social and gender impacts).
As a result of these exciting changes, we need top talent, and lots of it to help us achieve our goals. Will you join us? If you do, we offer a positive work environment where creativity and collaboration is appreciated. You will work alongside other professionals who share your passion for excellence.
What do you need to know about us?
You will be working in downtown Ottawa at Elgin and Gloucester. We are close to transit lines, coffee shops and restaurants. In our building you also have access to a food court, small shops and a gym.
Our offices are bright and open.
We are nice people to work with. Team CEAA is friendly and helpful from coast to coast to coast. Our social committee is engaged and creative with multiple activities throughout the year.
Intent of the process
The intent of this advertisement is to create an inventory for employment opportunities at the Agency. Please note that this inventory may be used to fill a wide range of positions at our Ottawa office.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
The minimum standard to work in the Economics and Social Science Services (EC) Group is:
• Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in economics, sociology or statistics.
1. Candidates must always have a degree. The courses for the specialization must be acceptable and may have been taken at a recognized post-secondary institution, but not necessarily within a degree program in the required specialization. The specialization may also be obtained through an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
Master's degree from a recognized university
• Ability to undertake or demonstrate expertise in conducting policy analysis and making policy recommendations to management
• Ability to undertake or demonstrate expertise in conducting research and writing research reports
• Ability to undertake or demonstrate expertise in engagement, collaboration or negotiation
• Ability to undertake or demonstrate expertise in intergovernmental and/or international engagement
• Ability to undertake or demonstrate expertise in the development of legislation or regulations
• Ability to undertake or demonstrate expertise in Indigenous affairs (e.g. consultation, policy, or analysis)
• Ability to undertake or demonstrate expertise in environmental policy, environmental science, or environmental law
• Ability to undertake or demonstrate expertise in social policy, health policy, economics, or gender based analysis
• Ability to undertake or demonstrate expertise in developing Memoranda to Cabinet
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Showing Initiative and Being Action Oriented
Effective written communication
Effective oral communication
Working Effectively with Others
Thinking Things Through
Demonstrating Integrity and Respect
Available and willing to travel within the National Capital Region (NCR), Canada or internationally for work related matters.
Available and willing to work extended hours when required.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance - or Secret Security Clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups when you apply.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.