The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a multi-stakeholder platform supported by a global secretariat that was established as an intergovernmental organisation to support countries in their efforts to implement a more equitable and sustainable management of their water resources. The GWP network spans 13 regions with more than 3,000 institutional Partners in 180+ countries. The global secretariat is in Stockholm, Sweden. More information: www.gwp.org
The Global Water Partnership is funded by bilateral and multilateral contributions, as well as by contributions from foundations and other partners, both financial and in-kind. GWP’s Partnership and Resource Mobilization strategies are thus strongly intertwined. Currently, GWP’s global team is embarking on a new Partnership and Resource Mobilization Strategy with the aim to diversify its funding base and to support regional teams in their own fundraising efforts. The global team’s Partnership and Resource Mobilization team is thus a core function directly reporting to the Executive Secretary.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
GWP’s global team is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and well-versed development professional to strengthen ongoing Partnership and Resource Mobilization efforts specifically in regard to the writing and positioning of successful program and project proposals. As part of the Partnership and Resource Mobilization team, the proposal writer will be responsible for driving and co-leading the proposal development process end-to-end:
– Researching donor and funding partner requirements and identifying opportunities, considering explicit and implicit drivers that influence funding partners’ water related development cooperation, and applying these drivers,
– Taking an active part in project and program design teams, working closely with the Network Operations team and /or regional teams, incl. the M&E Officer, to ensure GWP’s Theory of Change and results frameworks are fully leveraged in project design;
– Planning, developing and writing proposals, jointly with members of the Network Operations team and/or regional teams, through to finalisation, authorisation and ultimately submission (per donor(s) requirements);
– Working with the GWP communications teams to continue developing and sharpening GWP’s value proposition crisply and appropriately for each program and each funding partner, leveraging ‘impact stories’, results on the ground, statements or testimonials from partners of and beneficiaries of GWP interventions;
– Ensuring a high degree of well coordinated internal consultations with relevant knowledge owners or program officers, as well as selected external consultations with key strategic partners or allies and/or the targeted donor itself;
– Integrating all relevant financial, administrative, and legal requirements as well as well-documented institutional and/or partnership or consortia arrangements in the proposals developed;
– Working with GWP regional teams in collaborating on the above business process where it is driven by a region;
– as needed, taking leadership of larger initiatives and task forces that will eventually result in new or innovative proposals and approaches.
As the Partnership and Resource Mobilization agenda evolves, other related activities may be added to the position’s scope.
The position is part of the GWP Partnership and Resource Mobilization team, collaborating closely with the Network Operations team in coordinating program content, and with the Finance and Administration team as well as the Communications team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
– Advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in international affairs, communications, business, environmental studies or a related field
– Knowledge and experience in successful proposal/bid development, communications and partner engagement;
– At least 5 years of relevant experience in working in the broader sector of sustainable development;
– Knowledge of and experience in working on topics related to sustainable development;
knowledge of global water- and climate resilience related processes and of the water sector more generally is an advantage but not required.
– Exceptional communications and writing skills with total fluency in English. Proficiency in another language is an advantage.
– Strong ability to work efficiently and effectively in a multicultural context and with team members in various locations and from multiple organisations.
– Strong ability to describe technical, policy or programmatic issues in an intuitively understandable way; ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies, and approaches from a diverse range of stakeholders from multiple sectors.
– Professionalism: Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity. Demonstrates corporate knowledge, self-development and initiative-taking. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion and tact in handling sensitive issues.
– Planning and Organizing: Excellent organizational and task management skills, with appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple workflows at the same time. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where adaptability is essential.
– E-literacy: Excellent e-skills, including the ability to use modern office technology and related software. Practical knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required. Ability to do internet research, compile information and find solutions online to information gaps is essential.
– Teamwork: Support colleagues, contribute to team culture, and share responsibility for decision-making and results. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility. Ability to “lead from behind” and work without direct authority to deliver timely and high quality products.
– Personal: A good sense of humor. Love for nature, its beauty and its resources. Willingness to ‘get the job’ done with a positive attitude to take on a wide range of tasks.
Please send in your CV along with a motivation letter to [email protected] by Friday, July 27 2018.
The position, while new with GWP, is expected to be a long-term assignment and part of the core team. The contract is initially offered for 1-2 years for administrative reasons.