PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide technical knowledge, skills and quality in water and sanitation infrastructures and technologies appropriate to WASH programs in Syrian Emergency Response.
I – Implementation
- Work with supervisor to develop detailed, site-specific work plan to ensure adequate technical oversight of WASH interventions at the field-level
- Carry out field-level technical assessments and data analysis
- Supervise field-level WASH infrastructure works related to the project (e.g. supervision of contractors and suppliers)
- Inspect all WASH Infrastructure and provide certification reports
- Coordinate the water quality component of the sites that are being supervised
Contribute to the development of Bills of Quantities (BoQs), technical drawings, and tender documents
III – Capacity Building
- Work closely with WASH Assistants and to provide technical expertise (e.g. mentoring monitoring, water quality, assessments) related to the planned infrastructure works carried out at each site
- Support WASH Assistants to utilize simple infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g. checklists).
- Support in trainings for project staff and ‘Community WASH Focal Points’ on WASH infrastructure monitoring, operations, and maintenance.
IV – Information Management/Reporting:
- Report the daily progress of works to supervisor
- Ensure that all WASH infrastructure data within the staff’s portfolio of sites is well managed and provides an accurate representation of the reality on the ground.
- Submit regular reports related to the project’s WASH infrastructure to supervisor.
V- Other Duties
- Security management responsibilities:
- Responsible of the day-to-day security management
- Abide by the security procedures and policies and report any breaches
- Participate in personal safety training as required
Be aware of emergency procedures in a response,
- Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally, if any
- Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture events and other organizational events
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering Detail-oriented personality
- Strong English and Arabic communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to travel across the country regularly for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Able to use AutoCad and ArcGIS.
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols
- Experience working collaboratively in a team
- 90% Field work; 10% Office work