The Ecological Manager is responsible for measuring climate change mitigation efforts within forest corridors CAZ by developing tools for conducting the assessment of the status of forest and biodiversity. S/he will ensure that technical staff in the fields and key partners will be able to conduct ecological monitoring and share results under the GCF Project. S/he reports to the Regional office Director.
- Work closely with the Climate change mitigation Manager and the M&E Director to define participatory ecological monitoring methodology and identify ecological indicators to be assessed for reducing GHG emission.
- Conduct the participatory ecological monitoring (Provides training in collecting, analyzing, and sharing ecological monitoring data).
- Collaborate with the GIS Manager to track forest cover change for mitigation purpose.
- Ensure the management biodiversity database at field level.
- Provide ecological monitoring reports and contribute to the publication of results.
- Based in CAZ. This position will require regular travel in CAZ.
- Ability to work in remote areas with local communities.
- BS or MS in Biology, Forestry, natural resource management.
- At least 5 years of professional experiences in conducting ecological monitoring and strong knowledge on participatory process.
- Demonstrated experience in biological/ Forestry inventory.
- Demonstrated experience in biodiversity database management.
- Experience and training with GPS technology.
- Ability to speak and write in French and English.
- Knowledge in climate change mitigation.
- Experience in environmental impact assessment and natural resource management.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.